Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: AI Forward Observer & Mortar Packs V1.0  (Read 4556 times)

Unnamed

Re:AI Forward Observer & Mortar Packs V1.0
« Reply #15 on: 06 Dec 2004, 07:29:03 »
Thanks for the heads up on the documentation, link should be ok now.

I'm using just the standard Inv44 & SEBNam addons, I would have thought they will be making UA versions from now on. But if you know of another addon that uses smoke rounds already, let me know. I can probably add the ammo to my config.

Coc have an excellent system now, but I have a revised version for my Observer sat on my hard drive, supporting modern and more WW2 units:

Deltas/Rangers By Ballistic Addon Studios
Retextured Guerillas by Ivan/Edge Of The World
WW2 French Infantry
Liberation 1941-1943
Marine Assault Pack v1.0
WW2EC

I've fixed some other bugs and cleaned up the configs, I'll try and sort out the delay in the Fire command to. If there are any infantry addons you want adding just say, although I'm not sure when I will finish.

Cheers

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
  • Money is worthless, just paper, ink, and threads
« Reply #16 on: 09 Dec 2004, 06:14:56 »
link still dont work.  :P
please explain how to get arty to work.

i cant set up my own.

i tried it on kulgujev but it doset work at all.
i think the mountins might be blocking it or somthing.

also the arty is a little to acurate, they can hit the exact same spot over and over again. maby make the mortars dispersal just a tad higher. ;)

Unnamed

« Reply #17 on: 09 Dec 2004, 09:26:37 »
This works ok for me:

Documentation

But I posted a mini tutorial over at the offical forums:

Tutorial

Yeah the dispersion\accuaracy for all the addons probably needs to be adjusted. I did plan on adding something user definable in the scripts to compensate.

Cheers

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #18 on: 10 Dec 2004, 05:20:34 »
u really ought to make the fire less acurate only for the mortar fire without the observer. the observer fire should stay the same

Unnamed

« Reply #19 on: 10 Dec 2004, 16:21:57 »
I always looked on the script based firing as being more like Target Reference Points. Seen as OFP's has no real variable wind e.t.c. I did not expect much dispertion, other than what was setup in the original addons.

The Observer should really go though the ranging process, with the initial volley's on a new target missing their mark.

Unnamed

« Reply #20 on: 11 Dec 2004, 10:25:05 »
Nice one, cheers.

I've downloaded it now, so you can remove it if you want. You can awlays mail me with any updates e.t.c

I will give the mission a try ASAP, and I will be updating the addon with your suggestions. It's just I'm almost at the end of an eight month project, so I want to concentrate on getting it into a finished state.

Thanks

Offline penguinman

• Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: 10 Feb 2005, 18:19:34 »
hows the next version coming,i really liked these and would really like to see them come out.

UNN

« Reply #22 on: 12 Feb 2005, 15:18:24 »
Hi,

I have to wait until the end of Febuary to get my home internet connection back up. So I'm using the time to get my current stuff finished. Hopefully I will get to update and host the new Observers when I get back online. If not, it wont be long after that.

Cheers