Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Missions Depot Beta Testing Thread  (Read 1172 times)

Chudley

The Missions Depot Beta Testing Thread
« on: 05 Apr 2004, 18:35:35 »
Is there any chance of getting the maximum filesize for missions changed from 50Kb to maybe 250 - 500Kb.

I'm only asking because there is nowhere near  the volume of BETA missions being posted as there was perhaps 6 - 12 months ago.

I'm sure you realise that 50Kb is nothing in mission terms and that not all of us has access to file storage facilities.

Cheers

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:The Missions Depot Beta Testing Thread
« Reply #1 on: 05 Apr 2004, 22:47:50 »
Hi Chudley,

Unfortunately we can't increase attachment size for just one board, its all or nothing for the whole forum.

So if we increase the size, we fall into the same problem we had last time we did that ... OFPEC's forum became a very large repository of old files, which took up a huge amount of space on our server's drives.

So this time, we decided to keep it at the 50kb limit to help the forums and our server.

If you need hosting, ask around, there are a few beta testers that have offered hosting space. :)
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

Chudley

« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2004, 00:09:00 »
Thanks for the quick reply Noon :)

I understand the method in OFPEC's madness - but, if you don't ask, you don't get  :P

Cheers buddy
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2004, 00:12:29 by Chudley »

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2004, 05:30:05 »
As I've told in many threads like this, there are a whole bunch of companies offering free web hosting. Again, for example www.freewebs.com offers 100 megs of space with 5 gigs of monthly bandwith for free and with easy management tools.

These free web hosts are the perfect place to store your files and then link it to the beta testing boards.  :)
Not all is lost.

Chudley

« Reply #4 on: 06 Apr 2004, 15:44:54 »
Been with freewebs 2 yrs...they suck

Rubbish dld speed and cant link directly from OFPEC forums.....unless you pay....and i dont have a credit card

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #5 on: 06 Apr 2004, 18:04:03 »
aye they don't permit deeplinking to their sites, but surely you can just put

My Missions

click mission name to download:

MYmission1

MYmission2

and then tell people at the beta testings forum go to www.myfreebssite.com and which mission to download for testing.

I base my arguments on
a) It's free
b) missions rarely are so big that you can't download them with even a little slower connection
c) It's free
 :D
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2004, 18:04:50 by Artak »
Not all is lost.