Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Introduction.  (Read 362 times)

NoMaD

Introduction.
« on: 22 Mar 2004, 22:59:33 »
Greetings all.
I am going to itroduce myself  because im a noob to OFP and have become hooked on the editor. Ive spent last couple of weeks reading endles Tuts, howto docs etc.
Nearly all the stuff ive found is great,  most is at this stage going over my head but i will persist. Certain names are becoming familiar, Snypir Macguba, and many more, to you gents  goes my apreciation, thankyou.
Im a dedicated gamer, have been Playing MechWarrior... since 1994-5, im pretty dedicated.  Our Clan, Smoke Jaguar,  is an old net gaming unit  its been around before iwas , we have always been active in netgaming, its quite a large unit with a lot of long time member.
We have now become involved with OFP as a unit  and even joined one of the Leagues.
I and others in the unit  have become very interested in developing missions, we are obviously going to at some stage need help, altho i think we got good resopurce to work with as we have  people in the unit with some  skill and knowledge of certain aspects.
We have several X military people, a person that  programs, etc etc.
The thing is   the a great deal; of accumulated knowledge here that will become invaluable, i thank you the community in advance.

Long intro huh?.

I got a million questions but will take Macgubas advise and ummmm  read some more.  Snypir  you alive?, youre an Aussie?  im in  Brisbane.

Any clues or hints about the best tuts Docs etc will be much apreciated.

j-man

Re:Introduction.
« Reply #1 on: 23 Mar 2004, 06:56:47 »
hi there NoMaD :)

There are plenty of great tutorials out there. But if your really interested in mission creating, then you'll need to learn scripting. I suggest reading Snypir's A friendly introduction to code snippets (click --> HERE <-- to read it).

Also, just try playing around with the editor. It's a great way of learning what can be done with the editor.