Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Names And Links  (Read 507 times)

shadow99

Names And Links
« on: 18 Mar 2004, 11:29:08 »
I downloaded the briefing guide (tells you how to make your own briefings, I presume a lot of you have it), and I can't get the links to work. I use the links I normally would do with HTML, but then again I haven't been at HTML for a while...

Say I wanted to link the words "Malden Airport" to "MarkerOne". How would I do that?

Oh, and also, I read through the briefing and found that it said there was no way to change the Group Section.

I guess this means there's no way to give your team-mates names (eg Craig Miller), or is there? If so, how do I and what must I download?

I have "characters" in my mission and I REALLY need to make sure casualties show up on the debriefing with the names I want them to have.

I know I seem to be asking a lot of questions lately and doing not much else, but rest assured this will be the last batch in at least another... twenty-six minutes.  ;)

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Names And Links
« Reply #1 on: 18 Mar 2004, 12:56:27 »
The Tutorial Mission, which I've just mentioned in your other thread, has working examples of both of these things as as well.

Map links are easy:  I don't know the code but just copy the relevant bit from the Briefing.   Identities are handled in description.ext, plus a line in the unit's init field.   You can give any unit any name you like.

« Last Edit: 18 Mar 2004, 12:57:27 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

shadow99

« Reply #2 on: 19 Mar 2004, 00:47:13 »
What do I put the init field if I've got something else?

"blah blah blah ; Jerry Harrison"

And what's decription.ext...? Haven't heard of that one before? It is a file you make yourself?

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #3 on: 19 Mar 2004, 01:01:41 »
To make a decent mission you need a bunch of files.     The mission.sqm is made automatically by the mission editor, but the rest you have to make yourself.    Fortunately this is very easy and the Tutorial Mission (as ever) has examples of them to use as templates.     There are specific tutorials on each one in the Ed Depot.    

description.ext is a kind of controller file and does all kind of cool stuff, from gear selection in the Briefing to the text that appears on the screen while the mission is loading to the controlling custom sound and music.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play