Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Bas Tonal Islands help please  (Read 965 times)

BaronVonFarlon

Bas Tonal Islands help please
« on: 18 Mar 2004, 01:01:21 »
I have been having incredible trouble trying to get Bas Tonal Islands to work on my Ofp res. I have downloaded it from two different sites and tried installing it and reinstalling it and deleting it multiple times. I succeded at one point in getting it to work but i could not get the missions or campaigns to work and then messed it up again trying to do this. I really need suggestions or ideas for an easy installation (I am rather bad with .rar and .zip files). I have resistance 1.91 and Bas delta rangers, opfor vehicles, kiowas, mh-47, and blackhawks. I am at a real loss and would really appreciate some assitance.

Offline Tomb

• Contributing Member
  • in2 Metal? Go 2 my sig
Re:Bas Tonal Islands help please
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2004, 00:11:34 »
well, I've thrown all the Tonal *pbo's into the default "Addons" folder (not RES addons),
and it works just fine for me - only thing you need to kick into res/Addons folder is the island-cutscene folder.

I believe its called "bas_isle_anims" or alike  :-* :)

:o oh, and be sure that ya have all the updates & bug fixing patches.
there are at least two major tonal patches out (both rather large pbo's).

and there's a new "RUS_OPFOR" (v_1.3) addon out  :)

trebor

« Reply #2 on: 06 Apr 2004, 15:12:27 »
I had this problem when i was using version 1.91 i upgraded to 1.94 and it was fine.  ;) Oh yeah and you need the two patches for it one is 12mb and one is 6.85mb.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?special=articles/mods.html - both patches are located on this page.

PS: damn link is screwed. you have to copy and paste it in.
« Last Edit: 06 Apr 2004, 15:18:07 by trebor »

PDOGG

« Reply #3 on: 06 Apr 2004, 22:16:57 »
I had this problem too. Update to 1.96. Make a new folder in your C: drive, name in Tonal or something like that. Extract all your files in your Tonal RAR to it. Then just manually copy and paste them all into the OfP folders as the readme says. I suspect you've been extracting them directly to the Addons folders from WinRAR, so just Manually copy and paste them in properly. If you're at 1.91 it should work too actually but still I say go for 1.96. Hope this helps (it should)  ;)

BTW I still dont have the pacthes installed on mine, it gave me problems when I tried. Install it without them first and see if it's problems condone the patches installation(I can find barely any so the heck with it)