Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48529 times)

Eviscerator

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #45 on: 27 Sep 2002, 20:20:17 »
i dont think it has ffar launchers, just two big hellfire racks per side

Vixer

« Reply #46 on: 27 Sep 2002, 22:51:11 »

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #47 on: 28 Sep 2002, 00:58:40 »
Right On! I got some Little Birds already, that are Great I cant Stop Going on about them. You Guys Make them look like Tub Toys. Right On!  ;D

ofpeditor

« Reply #48 on: 28 Sep 2002, 02:29:20 »
In reference to the LB and to address a question...

Duff - the seating position of the troops on the planks is not a set value. In training, we disembarked directly off the sides of the bird, not forward. Why? Dangers from the skids catching equipment in rapid insertions and dragging an operative. What you see in movies may not be entirely true, mate. Yes, the delta boys may position themselves forward to provide cover, but considering the limits of the game and other factors, what BAS is doing is correct. Thanks for your concern, though...

Cheers mates
Any other questions, I'd be happy to address, Just drop me a line

Duff

« Reply #49 on: 28 Sep 2002, 08:21:58 »
I understand that they deploy off the side. Every thing i've read and seen support that. I was refering to the postion while in transit. From what i've seen, just before touch down they swing their leg over and deploy as you mentioned.

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #50 on: 28 Sep 2002, 20:21:24 »
Also the picture you provided was from a Movie, and Hollywood has a bad habit of makeing things... Look Good rather than Real, so I dobut they Ride like that. But How do they stay on? are there Seat Belts, or do they just Hang On Really Tightly?

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #51 on: 28 Sep 2002, 23:19:40 »
hm i would say BHD is accurate to a certain degree when it shows them riding the helo's.

DeadMeatXM2

« Reply #52 on: 29 Sep 2002, 00:55:54 »
The makers of BHD did go to extreem lengths to make the film as accurate as possible; however, the direction that you sit in the seat is up to you IRL, so they can sit anywhere, looking at anything and aiming at anything, however due to the limits in ofp the proxy can only be placed in one position, so the BAS members on the H-6 team have chosen the best looking position for the soldiers to sit in for this mod.

Cheers

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #53 on: 29 Sep 2002, 02:37:25 »
I was also wondering about what method is used to secure the operators to the plank seats? In the movie there appeared to be some sort of cable/bracket assembly mounted on the aircraft's sides above the operators... did anyone else see this or did I imagine it?

Duff

« Reply #54 on: 29 Sep 2002, 03:11:10 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #55 on: 29 Sep 2002, 03:47:26 »
Hey, thanks Duff! That pic helps answer part of my question, there is some kind of gear mounted on the helo. Is this for fast roping or hoisting? I've read that there are mounts for carrying external loads, and/or dirtbikes... is that the purpose of these mounts? The position looks to be a fast rope anchor point...?

Offline SelectThis

• Former Staff
« Reply #56 on: 29 Sep 2002, 04:27:06 »
Re Seating position.

As ofpeditor said, the most realistic position for getting off the heli is to the sides, to avoid problems if the heli is still skidding forward on landing. Looks like the makers of BHD got it wrong in that shot.

OFP only gives one exit point anyway, so all the cargo looks like they exit from one point rather from the sides :/

We will be leaving the cargo facing outwards.

The bits you see above the seats are fast roping attachements. I believe that the riders hooked up to a ring that is located on the seat mount to prevent them falling off.

SelectThis

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #57 on: 29 Sep 2002, 05:18:22 »

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #58 on: 29 Sep 2002, 06:10:57 »
 ;D
Naw, that just muddies the waters further for the rest of us!
And what's with the legs sticking out thing? I've seen this in several photos? Seems like that would be the natural thing to do, kinda like being on a swing...
or is there another reason?

futurehornetdriver

« Reply #59 on: 29 Sep 2002, 06:33:01 »
I think the thing to remember is that those photos we all see are the guys who do it for REAL not on a computer of video game...our opinion on the matter means jack sh$t.  If you've seen a bunch of photos of guys sitting on the skids a certain way..thas probally because thas the preferred method.  BTW..their legs are probally stickin out because the picture is of an MH-6 inserting a team as the caption  I copied the photo from said so my guess is the guys are gettin ready to run off...Someone said ..I won't mention any names (Select..cough..This..cough :-) ) said the BHD guys had it wrong..well, you prob haven't seen the makin of the movie those were REAL rangers doing the helo insertions on the movie and I'm think they might know a tad bit more about how to insert off of a littlebird than you or any of us...my 2 cents.