Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios  (Read 48398 times)

Tigershark

What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« on: 17 Sep 2002, 06:04:49 »
Since we lost our site we have been in a period of transition....and communcation between team members hasn't been great (my fault!!!)....but here is the deal.

We are alive...and truly throwing ourselves into our projects.
We have 2 streams happening at the moment....appropriately named by Vixer a while back.

The first stream is the Marines Helo Project...which has Vixer and Eviscerator driving things. They are churning out some truly incredible stuff.....the problems we are having at the moment relate to the creation of the interiors for these helos. And making lower LODS (levels of detail) for them to help with performance. These models are around 4000 polys at their highest LOD....which means your machine wont like more than 2-3 of these things. Not usually a problem.

The other project is the Special Ops Choppers.
This is where the Littlebird and DAP are coming from. I'm mainly working here with Scorpio and Fliper. The LB is rapidly approaching finishing stages. With Flipers help it looks like we have the beginnings of a AH-6 as well.

Nagual is our official mission maker. With every addon we will ship a mission(s) that showcases the unit...kinda like a promotional video...his work is truly brilliant and his gift with the camera is good.

Frandsen is immense help with the creation of character models for new pilots and such.

SelectThis is helping out with various technical issues.

Jellybelly hasn't been in touch for a while...but was working on the Pavehawk for a while.

I'm hoping Vixer and Eviscerator post in here to add other progress reports...but I can definitely report on the LB.

The LB is maybe 75% complete. It is missing some crucial components which will be added soon:-

Latest improvements include:
-Customised rotor sound sounding pretty damn close to the real helo
-Textures are coming along nicely. Photo realistic textures are being applied. The cockpit glass is now a nice transparency and the upper windows are smoked black like the real thing.
I have spent a lot of time pulling the model to pieces in O2 and labelling parts to help make the textures as nice as possible.
We now have a interior back wall texture, floor textures, exhaust pipe textures and side fuselage textures.

-Clan marking proxies for the helo so people logos appear when in mulitplayer.
-Reworking the planks to look more like the real thing.
-Tweaking of the model physics giving an very high speed and maneuverable helo. It really does perform nicely.
-The incorporation of a new interior (cockpit view) model.
-Raised the console up a little to make it a little more realistic
-Collective controls added in external view as well as interior view.
-External lights added for night time operations.

Planned additions.....fire extinguisher....details to the skids and cockpit (commo cords, etc.)

Work will continue on the AH-6.

Guys....it's easy to bang out an aircraft....much harder to do it right. We are not compromising anything here. It's been slow and I am largely responsible for that....from Oct. 1st I will no longer be working and will have lots of time to devote to Ballistic....expect great things in October.

I am concious that we have not released anything...but your patience will be rewarded with very high quality addons.

Forgot to mention that Fliper and Messiah have teamed up on a Predator UAV project as well for Ballistic.

Scorpio also has an H-53 in the works.....lotsa stuff happening.......and slowly we're getting our heads around it.

Keep the interest coming guys...it's your interest that fuels fire.

Go Ballistic!

OH...and I forgot to mention...new site (well the beginnings of it) is at:

http://www.concept-5.com/ballistic
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2002, 06:29:51 by Tigershark »

Bosniarat

Re:What's up with Ballistic Addon Studios
« Reply #1 on: 17 Sep 2002, 06:16:48 »
HOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH!

Coporal_Punishment

« Reply #2 on: 17 Sep 2002, 08:07:25 »
CHEERS M8

i'l cuck a beer on ice for u guyz  ;)

About the pilots what weapons are u going to give them because i was under the impression that chopper pilots and air-craft pilots only carry hand guns and another thing WILL YOU BE MAKING HELICOPTERS FOR OTHER COUNTIRES ???
« Last Edit: 17 Sep 2002, 08:09:06 by Coporal_Punishment »

Tigershark

« Reply #3 on: 17 Sep 2002, 08:12:41 »
I forgot some additions.

- Internal Auxillary fuel tank to be added
- Fire geometry needs tweaking to shoot pilots and be able to shoot through the open doors.

Tigershark

« Reply #4 on: 17 Sep 2002, 08:15:36 »
@Corporal....pilots will carry unsilenced MP5's

No plans for helos from other countries at this stage.

Vixer

« Reply #5 on: 17 Sep 2002, 15:41:14 »
as tiger said i have to report about the Marines helicopter pack

UH1N: Outside skins are for 80% done and added to the 4000 poly model to see how they fit

CH46: Outside skins done (only the markings have to be made) and waiting for the model

AH1W: Waiting for FlipeRs tool to convert the AH1 BIS cockpit to AH1W and edit the cockpit also then it need some reskins

for myself i worked hard on school so this week i have much time left to work on this pack people!

Skaven

« Reply #6 on: 17 Sep 2002, 15:54:06 »
It's nice to see you guys on the run again, and specialy full of projects, when it comes to chopters no doubts in my mind you guys make some of the best  ;)

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 17 Sep 2002, 19:08:21 »
Predator UAV - Initial model created by me and fliper seperatly - now brought together to create the most realistic and accurate model.

Fliper and I both have other commitments atm, but we will try and get this baby out asap - plus ive just got hold of O2 - need to learn how to use this damn thing.  ::)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Eviscerator

« Reply #8 on: 17 Sep 2002, 21:18:01 »
well ive just completely remade the CH-46 (a hell of a lot of work) so it actually now looks pretty good, im just waiting for a program to come into my hands that should hopefully solve all the lod issues and then we can get moving quickly...

PunkerSXDX

« Reply #9 on: 17 Sep 2002, 22:11:25 »
Hey you should make Black Hawks with Crew Cheifs, and a Crew Cheif with an M16, because Crew Cheifs Carry M16s, Like in the MG version Put a Guy in the co Pilot Seat as well as the Guy on the Gun, same with the Choonk.

P.S. I d/l the old MH47 Very Nice!, I'm Diggin' the Symbol on the wall.

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #10 on: 17 Sep 2002, 22:57:27 »
50UND5 1337

Monkey Lib Front

« Reply #11 on: 18 Sep 2002, 00:11:01 »
Plz dont use the Bis textures for the seats they just dont look right, btw keep it up guys i love you Retextured Helos and the Spec op Huey which im using to create missions with, just take your time and dont rush it.

-Edit-

Forgot to mention your addons are the only thing that keeps me playing Opflash atm.
« Last Edit: 18 Sep 2002, 00:12:55 by Monkey Lib Front »

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #12 on: 18 Sep 2002, 01:57:34 »
spec op huey was by STT  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Ferret Fangs

« Reply #13 on: 18 Sep 2002, 06:27:17 »
I have a simple request for you guys...
Well it's simple for me to suggest, should be simple for you to do. I've been a big fan of yours since I D/L'd your SOAR addons. What I've been really wanting is some USAF SPECPS units, namely a Para-Rescue Jumper and a Combat Control Tecnician, both of which are very common on SPECOPs helos. You've already got a great model in the SOAR pilot, it just needs to be tweaked in the .CPP to allow a PJ to heal, and a Combat Controller to carry a Laser Designator and some heaver firepower.
Whatcha think?

Tigershark

« Reply #14 on: 18 Sep 2002, 06:48:38 »
Ferret...great feedback...and yes....it is something we are working on with Frandsen's help.