Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Russian voices (setidentity)  (Read 1680 times)

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
Russian voices (setidentity)
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:27:49 »
Does anyone know how i can use the Russian voices for my squad
I mean so when they say - Oh no 3 is down they say it in a Russian voice
Are they names like Tom, Jonah etc
thanks  :)
sc

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
Re:Russian voices (setidentity)
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 12:35:08 »
Ah, that's not the actual characters saying it I think. That's done in the config.bin.
Depending on what side you are on.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

Bremmer

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 13:35:32 »
If you have the RHvoice addon from Red Hammer installed then AI Russians should have russian voices as default.

To get the player to have a russian voice you need to define the players identity in a description file. First put this setidentity "bloke" in the units init field. Next add this to your description.ext file ->

class bloke
   {
      name = "SafetyCatch";
      face = "Face28";
      glasses = "none";
      speaker = "Boris";
      pitch = 0.95;
   };

Try cracking open the RHvoice.pbo and you should get a whole bunch of folders called Boris, Alexi etc ... You can make the speaker  variable any one of these names.

Cheers

Offline SafetyCatch

• Members
  • War...it's fantastic!
« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 15:15:59 »
thanks bremmer  :)

T.S.C.Plage

« Reply #4 on: 23 Aug 2002, 16:39:59 »
Then "Solve" topic!!! 8)

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 23 Aug 2002, 20:49:56 »
Yes, indeed. If the problem is solved, use the "solve" button located between the "quote" and "modify" buttons.
After all, we Ed Depot staff guys don't want more work than necessary, and looking through all threads, finding ones with solved problems and then asking if it's solved get's old quick. Especially when more and more threads are created.
;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"