Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Roof jumping script  (Read 1902 times)

Blackblood

Roof jumping script
« on: 21 Feb 2004, 16:05:30 »
I read a thread somewhere a while ago about a request for a jump-script.

I made one ages ago and would like to share it to anyone who cares.

The basics:
Once activated the script checks your speed. If it drops below 17 (and you have firm matter under your feet) your guy jumps off..

The activation/speed check is triggered by a menu action and can be cancelled if your player is afraid of heights...

by the way...itÂ's abandonware...no updates and stuff.

Blackblood

Re:Roof jumping script
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2004, 16:06:32 »
...and the files...

Blackblood

« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2004, 16:07:43 »
...and an example...

HuNtA

« Reply #3 on: 23 Feb 2004, 19:01:13 »
lol, this looks good, gotta try it

fragsta

« Reply #4 on: 25 Feb 2004, 22:59:41 »
This is a good script, I tried it out and I'm sure there are some Matrix fans out there who could use this in a Matrix mod some time in the future. One thing I noticed though, was that when you are prepared to jump, and you run to the edge, you go really high in the air over the other building and fall. In a way this is a good bug, since it means that some level of skill is required to figure out the right speed and the right time to stop moving and let it jump, but if the bug should make you not go far enough, or perhaps trip, this might be better. Otherwise, excellent idea, excellent script.  ;)

Blackblood

« Reply #5 on: 26 Feb 2004, 05:02:54 »
Yeah, I know about the Morpheus effect that occurs randomly (skyhigh jumps into the void)  :)

...thatÂ's why I choosed to call it "far-from-failproof". ;D

Actually, itÂ's better to use the medium speed mode (DEFAULT) not sprint (TURBO) when approaching the edge. That way the poor schmuck has enough time to slow down before takeoff...

One more thing I forgot to mention...In order to use it propperly you have to have a gamelogic named "GROUNDCHECK" anywhere on the map.
And if your using an altered version of Nogova the example scripts wont work because I used object id's to place the guys on the roof.

Offline Blanco

• Former Staff
« Reply #6 on: 26 Feb 2004, 17:15:32 »
In a way this is a good bug, since it means that some level of skill is required to figure out the right speed and the right time to stop moving and let it jump, ...

Just push your stance up/chrouch key, you will stop automaticly and...jump. :)

Search or search or search before you ask.

MGeo

« Reply #7 on: 28 Feb 2004, 23:33:22 »
ROLFMAO. This is cool. Good job.  ;D