Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Campaign idea  (Read 1441 times)

Offline Tillverkad

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Campaign idea
« on: 01 Mar 2004, 19:30:45 »
I've been thinking about campaign. Somethign like this:

US thinks that Russians have weapons of mass destruction in Kolgujev. Of course, they don't want them to be there and Russians deny it but US is sure they have them in the island. So, US plans to attack Kolgujev.

Let's say Everon lies in a strategical place near Kolgujev and US wants to set a base there. Well, people in Everon believes there are no weapons of mass destruction in Kolgujeva and they want to be neutral in this conflict. And they don't want anyone else to their island. But US needs and wants to set a base in Everon so they attack Everon. at some point Russians sees what US is doing so they send some troops to Everon against Americans.

Well the player would be a private pilot who enjoys flying. One day his wife dies in a car accident and he gets depressed. He thinks he has nothing to lose in his life so he joins the small army of Everon. OK, the US attacks Everon and Everonians fight back. Later Russians attacks Everon and Everonians fight back. Sweet.  ;D

The player would get his Cessna at some point and Everonian mechanics would add some weapons to it and stuff.  ;D (Gimbal's planes). Maybe US had captured the airfield so you'd have to use grass airfield lightened with campfires.  ;) So there would be some flying in the campaign.

Aa some point your player and some of your mates get captured by russians and sent to a prison in Kolgujev. OK, you manage to escape the island with your mates and find some proof about the weapons of mass destruction in Kolgujev. OK, now US has the proof. Russians still deny it, but now Both Everonians and US attacks Kolgujev. BAM! KABLABOOM! OK, Weapons found and neutralized, campaign over.

Maybe  this idea is stupid, maybe not.and this idea is still in a early stage nut anyway.

Eh...  :P

Offline sim

• Members
  • Hot! Real hot! Damn Hot!
Re:Campaign idea
« Reply #1 on: 05 Mar 2004, 20:06:24 »
Sounds like a good idea, but if he was depressed why would he join an army like that???    ???
The Unsung Campaign Team Leader

Homefry31464

« Reply #2 on: 05 Mar 2004, 20:26:45 »
Well, he has nothing to lose, nothing to gain by continuing the way he is, so maybe he wants too.  

Offline P2

• Members
  • Historicus
« Reply #3 on: 05 Mar 2004, 21:38:49 »
This sounds good :). This should make a very interesting campaign if made well - getting to play against the Russians and Americans. How many missions long were you planning on having it?

Offline Tillverkad

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: 05 Mar 2004, 23:32:45 »
How many missions?

Well, that's a tough question, but maybe something like 10 - 20 missions.  :-\

Offline P2

• Members
  • Historicus
« Reply #5 on: 06 Mar 2004, 14:09:38 »
Are you planning on making the campaign yourself, or finding someone else to help you?

Offline Tillverkad

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 06 Mar 2004, 16:25:24 »
Hmm...  :-\

Well yeah, maybe I could do this together with someone and of course any help is appreciated. :)

Actually I'm not sure.

Dubieman

« Reply #7 on: 11 Mar 2004, 00:58:11 »
Hmmmm  like the idea and stuff but I have one quirk about it. :) ;)

Lets try and get away from the Everon+Kolgujev thing. Kind of almost sounds like the end missions would be like the "Counter Strike", "Incursion", and "Serach and Destroy" missions that summed up the first CWC campaign and a little bit of Red Hammer when Dimitri landed on Kolgujev to help the Americans. :P

I say try Nogovo a little or Malden or Desert Island or a custom island like Skye or Tonal.

The idea is good but the places seem a bit used. ::) :)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 15 Mar 2004, 23:02:05 »
ummmm.The Russians have WMDs anyway. In CWC Kolgugev is also supposed to be Russian territory as well. I don't really think NATO and America would pay to much attention. A more drugs based thing would be better, some cartel using Mafia supplid soviet equipment or summit.