Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Start Scripting  (Read 337 times)

Bitty2004

Start Scripting
« on: 16 Feb 2004, 11:42:01 »
Ive been creating missions on flashpoint for a while now but ive always done it without the use of scripts. I want to start learning how to do scripts but i dont know where to start. If anyone knows the best place to start or anything i can get it will be much appreciated.

Thanks

nick.tyler04@ntlworld.com
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2004, 11:42:54 by Fusty04 »

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:Start Scripting
« Reply #1 on: 16 Feb 2004, 11:53:15 »
The best place to start is by reading a couple of tutes

snYpir's Friendly Intro to Code Snippers
Johan Gustafsson's Scripting Guide.

There are other tutes as well of course, but start with those.   Read both the Unofficial command reference guide and also the online version of the official comref from front to back, like a book.   Don't try to understand every command, just get a feel for what's there, what's possible.

There is also the Tutorial Mission:  play it then take it to bits to see how it works.   It has several very simple scripts that provide working examples.

Finally, or perhaps firstly, have a really good look around the Editors Depot.  Make sure you know what's there.  There are of course many scripts that you can learn from.   Some are of better quality than others - don't assume that just because it's there it's a shining example of how to do things.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play