Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Black Hawk Down?!  (Read 3435 times)

VipNatePimp

Black Hawk Down?!
« on: 12 Feb 2004, 03:40:42 »
Haven't been hurr fo a while... but anyway
Anyone know if theres a Black Hawk Down mission like the movie or if one is comin out???
Its one hell of a movie, and I guess id like to see it in OFP id make the game awesome!

Any info on thad?

Homefry31464

Re:Black Hawk Down?!
« Reply #1 on: 12 Feb 2004, 04:25:10 »
Please search or look around before posting.  These a thread, here, that should answer your questions.

Good luck.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 12 Feb 2004, 10:55:07 »
How many times has this thread come up?  >:( Can't people just make a CSAR (Combat Search And Rescue) mission instead of copying a film's idea, which can't be made using the OFP engine anyway.

Iwesshome

« Reply #3 on: 12 Feb 2004, 11:51:08 »
@VipNatePimp

There is a BHD Mod out there that is being developed for OFP. I do not remember the site address but I am sure you will come across it by searching thru other posts and/or OFP sites. Homefry is right though about running a search first concerning this topic due to numerous discussions about this event within the Mission: Ideas board.

@XCess

True... but we all can try cant we? That is the basis of mission design/editing. Trial and Error  ;D

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
  • 2./FschJgBtl 251 Green Devils
    • VBS2 Mission Download Site
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:35:48 »
Hello,

i played around a little bit last night. Yes i think BHD is possible in OFP. Okay you need some scripting and splitting of the action. But never the less it is possible. I think i will give it a try, just a small technical demo. Anybody who wants to join ?

By the way i selected the following addons (if there are better ones please inform):
BHD - Island
Tonal OPFOR as Somalis
BAS BLackhawks
BAS Little Birds
BAS Rangers (maybe i give the Laser Rangers a try)
Quakegamers Humvees

Ups, typo corrected.   :o
« Last Edit: 13 Feb 2004, 08:09:46 by Kuro »

Homefry31464

« Reply #5 on: 13 Feb 2004, 05:45:25 »
I thought it was Quakegamer.  ;)

VipNatePimp

« Reply #6 on: 13 Feb 2004, 17:02:16 »
@ Kuro Sure thang ill be more than happy to try to re-create a BHD mission. I will not be too much help though.. as im waiting for OFP2 to come out and i havent played or scritpted anythin for OPF1 in bout 4 mounths lol.

As you stated above... you can use respawn points to add hundreds of troops right?
@ Kuro agian. We don't have to have a complete rescreation for BHD you can make ur own mission if ya knoe wat i mean. Still have the humvee colum and all wit tha lil birds n miltia. but not in the exact same settin becuase you would have lots of trouble with hand to hand combat. People shooting through walls and stuff.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #7 on: 16 Feb 2004, 02:34:16 »
Hello,

on the weekend i played and tested a little around.  And i build a small mission after the episode where the two deltas try to defend Durants bird against a hord of somalis. It usese the following Addons

BAS Tonal OPFOR
BAS Blackhawks
BAS Rangers
BAS Littlebirds
BHD Island

(quite a lot of AddOns, but i think they are so popular that everybody have them already).

Download link will come in 9 hours (have to get on my website, because at the moment i can not attach something to postings).

If you have time to try it,  it would intersting if it lags. I did several tricks to make it without lag, but i am not sure if it works on all comps.

Greatings
Kuro

(At the moment i have 72 Somalies, 2 Rangers, 1 Blackhawk wreck, 1 Blackhawk, 2 Little Birds on the Map WITHOUT LAG !)

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 16 Feb 2004, 04:13:59 »
Make sure you put it in the Beta Testing Board as well.  So its possible to make it??  Are there any AA soldiers, because I thought that may pose a problem.

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #9 on: 16 Feb 2004, 12:50:43 »
« Last Edit: 20 Feb 2004, 02:13:22 by Kuro »

Iwesshome

« Reply #10 on: 16 Feb 2004, 15:06:16 »
Kuro,

I suggest you post this now in the Mission: Beta Testing section before an admin comes by with their beating stick  ;D
« Last Edit: 16 Feb 2004, 15:06:34 by IW »

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #11 on: 17 Feb 2004, 01:25:55 »
Hello IW,

i know what you mean, but the file behind this link is far away from what i consider a Beta Mission (No Readme, No Briefing, No Intro/Outro, no scripts, the Mission does not even end). And it is no PBO it is only a mission.sqm.
It is just a feasiability study to show that IMHO a BHD feeling is possible in OFP.
But if the Admin with their mighty stick decide it is wrong to have this link in this forum i will bow deeply and move over to Beta Missions.

GoodspeedForever

« Reply #12 on: 24 Feb 2004, 01:26:14 »
K, I'm starting one, actually I started before I registered on here today; thats why I registered, case I need help.

Anyone wanna help, I'm gonna try and go all the way.

Umm for those of u up there ^^ who commented on copying a movie's idea, it's called historical recreation - Black Hawk Down happened, lol, Battle of Mogadishu, October 3-4 1993.  Wake up and smell the roses...

Anyways I have basically the same addons list as up there, too.  The only thing I'd like is a better hummer set.  The QKG's are good but they have several glaring flaws, unless there's a new version out.  Also, why not just use BAS Tonal Island while you're at it?

But yeah it's been ages for me since I done anything, so I wont be up to great scripting; may take a bit.  Anyone who wants to help email me at callsign_goodspeed@hotmail.com

« Last Edit: 24 Feb 2004, 01:29:38 by GoodspeedForever »

Offline Kuro

• Former Staff
« Reply #13 on: 24 Feb 2004, 03:07:17 »
Hallo GoodSpeedForever,

it is great to work together on this (please have a look to the Beta Mission I already did). I am quite okay at scripting but i have not so much time to detail the missions. Maybe we can work together.  About the QKG Humvee's, yesterday evening i did a beta for the convoy part and they behaved quite well.  ( I think they are they only Humvee's around). I did not take Tonal because the island needs a lot of computer power. I would rather use this power for the mass of units i need to create the BHD feeling.
I called my project Mog '93. To avoid copyright issues with BHD.

Greetings Kuro

GoodspeedForever

« Reply #14 on: 24 Feb 2004, 04:06:58 »
I got your email; I'll give you a reply ASAP

thx