Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Script downloading problem!(firewall)  (Read 1310 times)

Cpt.Crappy

Script downloading problem!(firewall)
« on: 07 Feb 2004, 18:04:44 »
ok, when i want to download a script it takes me http://ofpec.com/nolinking.php and i cant download anything..i have looked in norton to find settings but there is nothing about firewalls or anything..i really need scripts and help with this..thanks

Crappy

Extreme Studios

Re:Script downloading problem!(firewall)
« Reply #1 on: 07 Feb 2004, 18:28:06 »
It's because no downloads are working off this site at the moment- it's ultimately still just the forums  :-\

Offline Planck

• Honoured
  • Former Staff
  • I'm never wrong ....I'm just not always right !
« Reply #2 on: 07 Feb 2004, 19:26:16 »
This is not so.

I just downloaded a script from the Editors Depot.

Everything worked fine.........in fact.......I have been able to download most things from the Editors Depot all the while the site was down.

Planck
I know a little about a lot, and a lot about a little.

Matty R ofp-J-C

« Reply #3 on: 08 Feb 2004, 13:18:14 »
i was able to download scripts from the site when it was down but i cant evan get the the page with all the scripts now  :(

Extreme Studios

« Reply #4 on: 08 Feb 2004, 15:30:56 »
Yeah i do have the same here, but the recruitment department still doesn't work & if you try to download addons & bigger files, you get the 'nolinking' page...

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 08 Feb 2004, 16:08:34 »
Guys (or Gals),

The "nolinking.php" page that you are being directed to contains *all* the relevant information to fix the issue.
As the page explains, the problem is not actually OFPEC, its that your system isn't feeding "referrers" to our system (which is a well-established and valid method for prevent bandwidth leeching).

Read the page thoroughly, you will find what you need to do to fix the problem and resume downloading from OFPEC.

And yes, the Recruitment Depot is still down, but not for long.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"