Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: More Power too ya  (Read 708 times)

Dubieman

More Power too ya
« on: 31 Jan 2004, 20:02:47 »
Are there decent engines out there for OFP vehicles cause I don't like the power of the vehicles right now... :(
Tanks in real life are way more powerful and can go a little faster when accelrating, and hummers espeicaly need better turning and power.

I have no problem with boats or helicopters though.

Planes is kind of annoying. When dogfighting I lose WAY too much speed turning and I'm always going from 500 to 150 in two seconds and the plane just drops. I like flying along the landscape with places flashing (well sort of) by. However I'd imagine new planes have this fixed.

Everything in OFP seems to have slow acceleration times... :P :P

« Last Edit: 31 Jan 2004, 20:04:40 by GuiltyRoachKilla »

bigdog632

Re:More Power too ya
« Reply #1 on: 04 Feb 2004, 18:36:18 »
well when the plane falls under the stall speed it no longer genrates lift and will fall in real life

and real sharp turns will cost you a lot of speed

if this were realistic half the dogfights in OFP would end up as both planes scattered on the ground due to spins stalls etc

OrangeLeader

« Reply #2 on: 04 Feb 2004, 21:10:42 »
It is not the problem of sharp turns, it is the size of the map that affects dogfights. In real life it would not take a pilot in say an F/18 more than a few minutes to go from one side of them map to the other. Real air combat means (almost) unlimited space and height. In OFP you are restricted to the area over the island( I know the ocean goes on "forever" but most of the time if I go out there my plan disappears). So you have to take real sharp turns to stay in the map area, when in real life you would make a regualr turn over the sea to head back inland.

Dubieman

« Reply #3 on: 04 Feb 2004, 21:30:39 »
Yeah....

I kind of wish though the A10 and Su25 had more engine power. I tried being a MIG29 against 20 A10s and lost um in 20 seconds cause the figther goes from 500 to 1000 in a mere 10 secs or so.... :D

This doesn't matter the A10 s a bomber/groundsupport craft as is the Su25 so.... ;)

Planes I really don't care about now cause of my new fighter add ons but cars that is a diff story. :o ;D