Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ideas for Rent  (Read 15408 times)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
Re:Ideas for Rent
« Reply #60 on: 24 Jan 2004, 12:55:11 »
I'm d/ling Jungle Everon now.. I'm not gonna d/l TONAL unless i need it, I could get one of my friends to d/l it from his mother's house when he goes there next cos she's got broadband... SHould only be a couple of weeks.

Finally got AIM... when you guys gonna be online? remember GMT offset... I'll be back at about 2200GMT+0

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #61 on: 24 Jan 2004, 13:11:58 »
I already hate AIM... It seems to slow EVERYTHING down... Adding buddies is about 2x more complicated than MSN.. sending messages is a lot more complicated too. BTW I've added you SEAL, what are ur AIM names Homefry and 8Ball?

m21man

« Reply #62 on: 24 Jan 2004, 17:03:50 »
Jungle Everon was good for its time, but its time was long ago, and it's pretty low quality by current standards. Get a download manager and download Tonal. I've downloaded AA 2.0 on a 56k while using Getright, so Tonal should be easy.
« Last Edit: 24 Jan 2004, 17:05:15 by m21man »

m21man

« Reply #63 on: 24 Jan 2004, 17:16:31 »
Please, please, please use the MARPATs. I downloaded them in one afternoon on my 56k, it's quite possible to do. Plus the M4s are much better than the BAS M4s ;D . The texturing is better and there are a lot more M4 varients.

Homefry31464

« Reply #64 on: 24 Jan 2004, 17:50:24 »
Well, m21man, this is where we ran into a problem.  If we use the Marines, then we need to use the MARPAT Marines, as well as the BAS Rangers.  The Marine's don't have a decent chopper in OFP yet, so we need the Ranger's so we can use Army helo's.  

If you have any suggestions, let me know.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #65 on: 24 Jan 2004, 18:30:35 »
Okay, here's the problem:  we all like the MARPATs and would like to use them, but for accuracy's sake it would be better to use (nonexistant) USMC helos.  The Sea Stallion isn't all that great of an addon and that's pretty much the only Marine chopper.

So...

Maybe we can bend the rules a little and just use the Blackhawks anyway, because it's pretty clear that this one stipulation is screwing everything up.  While it would be nice to keep it as realistic as possible, it occurs to me now that most people aren't even going to notice the difference :-\

So I put the question to you guys - Marines or Rangers?  I think we should just pick one and use it for all US units.  Rangers + Marines is a roughly 60mb download.

I'll post a summary post of all the stuff that's under consideration in a bit.

Homefry31464

« Reply #66 on: 24 Jan 2004, 19:13:42 »
I'd say Marines.  I don't think many people would notice.

8 Ball

« Reply #67 on: 24 Jan 2004, 19:26:26 »
I say marines. It is a better addon

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #68 on: 24 Jan 2004, 22:10:45 »
Updated stuff...

TIME:  Present

SITUATION:  Abu Sayyaf rebels have been getting larger, more organized, and more deadly in recent months.  The Philippine government has finally relented and allowed US ground troops to assist them in the war against the seperatists.  USMC units are on the ground and are conducting offensive operations against the rebels.

Today, a Black Hawk helicopter was downed somewhere inside Abu Sayyaf territory.  A Marine platoon has been dispatched to locate the pilot.

WHAT HAPPENS:  A Marine platoon makes a beach landing via M113s and proceeds inland to find the crew of the chopper.  Shortly after you're inserted, the Marine firebases in the region come under attack by infantry and mortars.  For the time being, you're on your own as all available assets are fending off the attacks.

You're instructed to lay low for a while until Marines can be dispatched to extract you - nobody knows when that will be.

You are left to evade the rebels - but the various needs of your team will probably require you to go to various villages in search of first aid, ammo, or a means of transportation (if you choose).

RANDOMIZED STUFF:  Time of chopper extraction, status of villages (occupied, friendly, etc), enemy spawn points.

ADDONS:  Tonal, USMC Assault Pack, BAS Blackhawks, F/A-18C Hornets.

SCRIPTS:  Remove dead bodies (check), stamina (check), airstrikes (check), enemy spawning, chopper extraction (check), removal of enemies far away from the player.

We'll probably change or amend things as we move along; this is a rough outline.

Homefry31464

« Reply #69 on: 25 Jan 2004, 03:00:45 »
SITUATION:  Abu Sayyaf rebels have been getting larger, more organized, and more deadly in recent months.  United States civilians have recently been targeted by the rebels.  The Philippine government has finally relented and allowed US ground troops to assist them in the war against the seperatists.  USMC units are on the ground and are conducting offensive operations against the rebels.  United States civilians have recently been targeted by the rebels.

RANDOMIZED STUFF:  Time of chopper extraction, status of villages (occupied, friendly, etc), enemy spawn points.  Mission objectives.  Marine firebases survive/over-run.

I'm sure there is more, I just can't think of it.
« Last Edit: 25 Jan 2004, 03:05:01 by Homefry »

OrangeLeader

« Reply #70 on: 29 Jan 2004, 03:21:06 »
I don't know if this is being checked much any more.

I would like to say that it is important that we show some kind of ships in the mission(marine deployment ship or aircraft carrier). This is realistic, especially in the phillipines. Today opertaion like the one we want to make launch from ships. Someone said earlier that there are no carrier. Here is a beta of a USS Nimtiz.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/

I know it is beta but still it looks good and will be finnished soon. You could have a personl story to go with the story where to guys talk before they deploy from the ship.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #71 on: 29 Jan 2004, 03:30:00 »
We could certainly use a carrier addon, though I wonder how much "screen time" it would get.  It's something to check out :)

Also, I was thinking....maybe we should also use the Tales of War AAV7 addon rather than M113s....I bet the ES Marines would look good riding around in those ;D

OrangeLeader

« Reply #72 on: 29 Jan 2004, 03:44:14 »
I agree. The M113 is out-dated. The AAV7 is a good idea.

I know everyone is afraid of having to many addons. Personally I don't mind misson with addons. I just hate having to search for them. So I hope for this mission we keep track of the addon. I hope that the addons will be offered in a sperate single download pack.

8 Ball

« Reply #73 on: 29 Jan 2004, 10:14:32 »
Downloaded the Nimitz. Looks good. And its a small file. But I need a link for the AAV7.

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #74 on: 29 Jan 2004, 11:37:27 »
more addons...  >:(