Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ideas for Rent  (Read 15495 times)

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
Re:Ideas for Rent
« Reply #105 on: 06 Feb 2004, 22:47:05 »
Right, I envisioned this as a regular Marine infantryman and his buddies lost in enemy territory - no Special Forces or anything.  If I meant you were an SF trooper I would have specified that.

As Homefry said, this was worked out earlier but for some reason or another we had our wires crossed - an amphibious force is the most likely American intervention force - as I understand it the advisors aren't actually going on operations with the government troops.

I asked about that because at the moment Xcess has used the Rangers.

But it's official now - USMC Assault Pack is in, Rangers are out.

OrangeLeader

« Reply #106 on: 06 Feb 2004, 22:58:28 »
Thanks for the clarification. So the Marines hit the beach with AAV7's and move inland. One gets cut off and the other have to pull back. The player is on there own from there on out with events/action happening around them.

ok

I was just saying that we need general story line so we have an idea of the stuff we want in the mission. See if certain addons are worth it or not.
« Last Edit: 06 Feb 2004, 22:59:27 by OrangeLeader »

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #107 on: 07 Feb 2004, 23:43:09 »
I'm d/ling MARPAT now on my 56k  :( so annoying..........

Homefry31464

« Reply #108 on: 08 Feb 2004, 00:41:58 »
It's definetly worth it.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #109 on: 08 Feb 2004, 02:16:44 »
Agreed, definitely worth it.  Pretty much everything about this pack is better than the BAS Rangers/Delta packs (sorry guys :P)

Offline XCess

• Former Staff
« Reply #110 on: 08 Feb 2004, 02:30:27 »
Finally finished the D/l gonna test it

Homefry31464

« Reply #111 on: 08 Feb 2004, 05:58:15 »
Agreed, definitely worth it.  Pretty much everything about this pack is better than the BAS Rangers/Delta packs (sorry guys :P)

Until the update comes out, then watch out MARPAT.

Homefry31464

« Reply #112 on: 01 Mar 2004, 17:22:20 »
With all the new BAS addons coming out, should we rethink anything??

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #113 on: 01 Mar 2004, 20:51:28 »
Hmmm sorry for letting this go dormant fellas...

As far as addons go, I think we're locked in...unless one of these addons is like the Second Coming of Christ or something, we're good to go with the MARPAT dudes.

BTW I've been batting some ideas for the site around with Radio - he and I came up with a good one and if I run into you on AIM I'll fill you in.

Homefry31464

« Reply #114 on: 03 Mar 2004, 20:17:12 »
You never know, the BAS Delta Ranger updates are gonna be sweet.  

As for the mission, I was thinking about another possibility.  What if the player finds civvies, maybe they could give in intel on enemy positions and stuff.

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #115 on: 03 Mar 2004, 22:40:06 »
Lol we'll see...I hear the Delta/Ranger update is the last one they're releasing (and hopefully they're saving the best for last....stupid Scud....j/k).

As far as civvies go, I figured we could implement that in the "friendly" villages...that would be part of the help that they offer you in addition to ammo, first aid, etc.

* SEAL84 wishes BAS would just release more kickass addons instead of taunting us with lousy OPFOR :beat:

Homefry31464

« Reply #116 on: 04 Mar 2004, 01:33:40 »
The OPFOR pack isn't bad, but thats for the BAS thread.  How would we get aid from the civvies, like how would we find ammo?

Offline SEAL84

• Members
  • Always lurking
« Reply #117 on: 04 Mar 2004, 03:57:04 »
Well, simply put, friendly villages would be open - you could just walk in and look through their ammo crates, use their MASH tent, whatever.

if we could set it up right, you would be able to talk to certain civvies who would tell you what they knew about enemy movement and positions.

Hostile villages would either shoot at you right away or call for backup, so you wouldn't be able to take anything unless you killed everybody.

Neutral villages just wouldn't have anything worth taking - that's the simplest way to distinguish, I think.

Homefry31464

« Reply #118 on: 04 Mar 2004, 14:47:21 »
Alright, were gonna have to have a lot of scripts running though.  What I was thinking was, maybe they will have a hand-gun, you can talk to them and they will give it to you, or an assault rifle on their back.  Just some more ideas.

Homefry31464

« Reply #119 on: 07 Mar 2004, 01:17:30 »
Okay people, the Ranger's/Delta's have been released, what does everyone think.  Use the new units, or keep the Marines??