Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Campaign  (Read 2234 times)

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
New Campaign
« on: 28 Aug 2002, 13:28:54 »
Hey does anyone fancy making a campaign or help if so send me an instant message or e-mail me and we can discuss details my adress is doylewilliam008@hotmail.com

cyberpunk

P.S: Now with trailer!!
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2002, 11:17:22 by cyberpunk »
http://loc-doc.the-net.net/t2003
T2003 MOD WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Phantom

Re:New Campaign
« Reply #1 on: 28 Aug 2002, 14:25:59 »
maybe you should say what it is about to start off with, I get the feeling that this will very quickly be blocked, since your recruiting.

Phantom

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
« Reply #2 on: 28 Aug 2002, 14:40:36 »

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 17:00:50 by cyberpunk »

SEAL84

« Reply #3 on: 28 Aug 2002, 18:55:36 »
I'll check out the trailer soon, but I really wonder....what's going to make this campaign stand out?

We have resistance campaigns, and it seems like the Russians are always invading somewhere, then getting thrown back...how is this one going to make a name for itself?

An idea I had a while back was to be more of an "underground" than a resistance.   The Russians occupied the island, and you operated like an underground movement would...small acts of sabotage, spying, all that.  All out warfare is getting a little hackneyed, that's all.

Offline Mitrokhin

• Members
    • T2003 MOD
« Reply #4 on: 28 Aug 2002, 19:13:11 »
then maybe you might suggest some ideas because i'm lost unless we change it altogether any ideas??

cyberpunk

Offline Gastovski

• Members
  • #loop; Gastovski setdammage 0; ~0.01; goto "loop";
    • Falklands Mod
« Reply #5 on: 28 Aug 2002, 19:32:40 »
I agree with SEAL84... How about making it a camp where you live on the island cos there are so many camps in the makin now...

SEAL84

« Reply #6 on: 28 Aug 2002, 23:16:54 »
Well it's like I said...and Gastovski said.  

Let's say you live on Everon, you have all your life, and you're an Average Joe.  Now the Russians have occupied your homeland for several years now and carry out all the usual cruelties that they do - checkpoints, patrols, searches and siezures without warrents, "general badness".  

So one day you ans some friends meet in Montingnac over a few beers and decide that you've had enough.  A few nights later, you and the guys sneak outside after curfew and throw some rocks at the Russian checkpoint near your house (gimbal's tossers addon).  You continue to harrass them for a few days until one of your buddies says you should try killing a few of them.

You grab a few pistols and a Kozlice from the hunting store in the next town and take out a Russian guard...your career as partisans begins.

You're really more of a pain in their necks than a real fighting force, as the case might more likely be.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #7 on: 29 Aug 2002, 02:40:46 »
Yeah... heavily outnumbered.. resorting to Guerilla tactics...sabotage and that sort of thing

How about a more personal reason to decide to strike out at the russians suddenly? They kill a friend? commit some other act that causes the player character to say enough  is enough?
There has to be a catalyst in this scenario.. something that would push you over the edge to strike out against your oppressors...  

There should be some sort of Guerilla radio station in this mission also.. Like in the resistance campaign I suppose