Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HELP!!  (Read 1301 times)

Cobrashadow

HELP!!
« on: 20 Nov 2003, 22:10:02 »
I CANT DOWNLOAD MISSIONS, I GOT THIS MESSAGE  
"As we put a lot of effort into administrating this collection of addons, please report any off-site links to our files to an administrator. We do not allow other sites to link directly to the files we host." I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THIS IS BUT NOW I CANT DOWNLOAD MISSIONS!!
i DID REPORT THIS BUT I STILL GOT THE SAME MESSAGE EVERY TIME I TRY TO DOWNLAD.

PLEASE HELP
COBRASHADOW

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:HELP!!
« Reply #1 on: 21 Nov 2003, 00:08:22 »
Whoa, whoa, calm down.   Now I know you're upset, but there's no need to shout.   ;)    A clear and concise error report saying exactly what you did and what went wrong is much more helpful.

The message appears because there are certain dishonest characters out there in internetland who have websites which are set up to look as if they have lots of missions.    They don't - in fact the missions belong here or other reputable OFP sites.    There is a bit of a spate of it happening at the moment and the back room boys have been trying to prevent it.

I've just tried to download a mission myself and you're right, it isn't working.    Looks like the protection that's being put in is so good its preventing everything.   ;D  Thanks for the heads up.

*heads off to the back room*

« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2003, 00:46:39 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2003, 01:14:39 »
I've temporarily removed the automatic redirection. When you click to download a mission, it will say "Downloading XXXX by XXXX
The download should start automatically. If it doesnt, please click on the link(s) below.

The download will NOT start automatically, you ahve to click on the link to download the mission.

When HuBBa gets online we'll figure out how to fix it properly.

-SOrry!  ;D
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Cobrashadow

« Reply #3 on: 21 Nov 2003, 01:33:54 »
I have tried again but there is the same page and no download I think I will have to wait until they fix it.

Thanks for your answer. ::)

Offline toadlife

• OFPEC Old Skool
  • Former Staff
  • Official OFP Editing Center Toad
    • toadlife.net
« Reply #4 on: 21 Nov 2003, 02:19:52 »
OK, this time I [size=10]really[/size] fixed it. Try, Try again.  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: 21 Nov 2003, 02:20:16 by toadlife »
"Whenever you want information on the 'net, don't ask a question; just post a wrong answer." -- Cancer Omega.

Cobrashadow

« Reply #5 on: 21 Nov 2003, 15:57:31 »
This time the Mission was a

Total Success[size=8][/size]

Thanks!!:D