Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: 2 rifles at a time  (Read 3605 times)

sabreblade

2 rifles at a time
« on: 13 Nov 2003, 20:23:09 »
        Hi i have 2 great addon ideas, but i ahven't got the time or experience to do them. is there a possibility that a "launcher M16" could be made?? i mean an rifle like an M16 that fits in the slot where a LAW launcher goes. if it can be done and any of you lot are looking for an addon to make then this one would be great. tell me if there is already an addon like this and i'll go to the website like a speeding bullet.

My second idea is a weapon with a laser designator dot, so if you turn the crosshair off you could still see where you were aiming for a few metres. this would make flashpoint even more realistic and would be great for "rainboow six" style counter-terrorist missions. get me???

SB

KyleSarnik

Re:2 rifles at a time
« Reply #1 on: 13 Nov 2003, 20:34:03 »
I tried that with an MP5, but it doesn't work, mainly because of the animations....

sabreblade

« Reply #2 on: 13 Nov 2003, 20:50:20 »
hmm big problem that. i spose it wouldn't work for a pistol slot either :'( :gunman:

KyleSarnik

« Reply #3 on: 16 Nov 2003, 19:59:20 »
It would, but again, the animations... plus, when hes not using it, you can't see it on his back....

sabreblade

« Reply #4 on: 16 Nov 2003, 20:22:49 »
hmm, a toughy that.

you know the    KORD 12.7? i don't know if any of you have DL it but it has someone crouching, instead of standing like in the M2 machine-gun. how did they get it to do that? hmm any ideas?

people working on new animations might be able to but its no big deal.

SB

KyleSarnik

« Reply #5 on: 17 Nov 2003, 00:28:32 »
Thats different. Animations for vehicles can be changed, but to change the way a guy holds his weapon, would change the way he holds ALL weapons of that type. So he would hold his handguns as if they were riffles.

sabreblade

« Reply #6 on: 17 Nov 2003, 19:57:17 »
ok thats not gonna happen anymore so back to my second idea, guns with laser aiming dots so you can see where you're aiming without the crosshair!
could it b done?

SB

HuNtA

« Reply #7 on: 20 Nov 2003, 17:47:01 »
can and has. See G8 mod

sabreblade

« Reply #8 on: 20 Nov 2003, 19:37:20 »
hmmm i think i know what u mean. the G36 commando, it isn't a laser that i'm talking of, its a red stick which extends a couple of metres. it hasn't got a laser dot it just has a thin red line.  ::)

SB

KyleSarnik

« Reply #9 on: 21 Nov 2003, 13:02:51 »
BAS has a red dot sight on the crosshairs of their M4's. Its not a real laser that hits your target, but its the best way to simulate it.

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #10 on: 22 Nov 2003, 00:29:21 »
yeah the BAS one is good but have u noticed that the crosshair / laser dot is allways off. Ethier its a bug or it built into the game engene ???

sorry for my bad typing ive been on school camp surfing looking like a wannabie  8)
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

KyleSarnik

« Reply #11 on: 22 Nov 2003, 06:35:51 »
Erm, all crosshairs are... Thats just the way it is, because you can't accuratly aim your weapon with out using the sights... It's probably like that for a reason, besides crosshairs are just for getting a general idea of where your aiming...

SHOT@RUSIANS

« Reply #12 on: 22 Nov 2003, 10:58:41 »
well u know there is a big possiblity of 2 rifles tho one might have to be let's say a mp5... here's the plan the guy has a m16 or what evermark of rifle and where the hand gun goes there could be a mp5 configured like a pistol ie there can only be single shot :-\ but that would work 8)

just a thought HE fire mission

DBR_ONIX

Laser sight
« Reply #13 on: 25 Nov 2003, 20:54:05 »
I think this is was was discussed (Not the last post, but the ones before that)..
What about a car (type thing) thats the weapon model.. And the lights are the laser... It would be hard to make look right (I think..)

Can you make up custom lights, IE, a red laser..?
Would be cool, if its right :)
- Ben

KyleSarnik

« Reply #14 on: 25 Nov 2003, 21:08:53 »
DBR_ONIX

No, that only works with cars. Weapons, are not cars.... BIS did put a flashlight texture on the HK, but never coded the ability to have lights on weapons into the final game. As for the handgun idea, it works, but it looks really odd: