Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: white phosprohous  (Read 987 times)

GI-YO

white phosprohous
« on: 21 Mar 2004, 22:24:37 »
has anyone ever thought of making any white phosprohous (sp?) grenades/shells/bombs?they were used alot in vietnam so would be good for missions in that era.

GI-YO

Vyper

Re:white phosprohous
« Reply #1 on: 21 Mar 2004, 22:36:11 »
hard to do with the game engine and i doubt it would actually provide much more than a normal grenade does.especially with soldier damage as it is in OFP

Vyper

Grendel

« Reply #2 on: 22 Mar 2004, 07:30:52 »
I've actually scripted a WP arty round...It even has incindiary effect on soft targets ;D

It will be an arty option in my very soon to be released MOD...look for it by the end of next week in the news.

-Grendel

bigdog632

« Reply #3 on: 22 Mar 2004, 09:31:43 »
if i remember my basic training well enough, a WP grenade has a larger blast radius than a guy can throw it, so if yall are making it take that into account

id have to pull my BT book out again but i believe the throwing distance is like 30-35m and the blast radius is like 40m

Dubieman

« Reply #4 on: 22 Mar 2004, 21:01:20 »
Ouch that would suck, fire in the hole! No it rolled off my fingers the wrong way and is gonna land 39m away from me and it has a blast radius of 40m. :o :P

bigdog632

« Reply #5 on: 03 Apr 2004, 08:49:19 »
they said throw from a covered position lol duh

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #6 on: 07 Apr 2004, 09:50:21 »
Hehehehe
Anyway, in the book Bravo Two Zero, on one of the two pages with pictures (The weapons one), it has a photo of a white phos. grenade going off next to someone (About 2 meters)..
Just though it would be a good refrence picture
Let me know and I'll scan it in

Couldn't someone basicly get the grenade position when you throw it, and when it lands (Only after 2 seconds, and it is under 1meter, so it won't go off if your prone), delete the greade using delete vehicle, and use the drop command to make the explosion, and nearestobject or something to do the dammage..

May work
But must be a better way of doing that..
How did ECP do the new explosions? And INQ weapon pack do there new grenades?
- Ben

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 07 Apr 2004, 16:53:30 »
the problem is the explosion would do too much damage i would think the white phosphorus burns but doesnt do much other damage

i believe it was used a lot for marking rockets and such also

Homefry31464

« Reply #8 on: 07 Apr 2004, 19:38:24 »
The new Wargames Mod 4.0 has phosphorus stuff in it, mortars I think.  Ask them for the script I guess, or someone who has it.

blackhawkdown132

« Reply #9 on: 25 May 2004, 02:47:22 »
why not base it off the smoke grenade, and give it a enroaching blast radius?

DBR_ONIX

« Reply #10 on: 29 May 2004, 21:40:15 »
How'd you either :
1. Make a new greande
2. Get the pos of the greande when it hits?

1.. Config???
2.. A loop that gets the pos of the grenade, until it "dies" then, the loop stops.. Thus giving the grenade position

BTW, what about treating the white phos hit (Pour water, and peel it off.. According to the Bravo two zero book).. Dunno how well it would work in game/real life though  :P

- Ben