Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The BUGS thread  (Read 9743 times)

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
Re:The BUGS thread
« Reply #30 on: 11 Sep 2002, 05:49:29 »
ARgh... bug in the POLWAR forum:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/html/yabbse/Sources/Subs.php on line 929

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=44;action=display;threadid=842;start=15

hope it's not just me... ;D

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #31 on: 11 Sep 2002, 05:55:28 »
Hmm... another bug while trying to post this!!

It kept not showing up... so I hit back a few times to repost it.. then ended up with two of the same post... go figure?

* Sui hits the 56k modem

Probably at my end... I don't know how you guys that are always on 56k survive ;D
« Last Edit: 11 Sep 2002, 06:06:26 by Sui »

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #32 on: 11 Sep 2002, 09:28:31 »
wow, thats a funky error. haven't seen that one before. let me know (via IM plz) if u see it again.  8)
Bohemia Interactive Simulations

Offline Intruder

• Members
  • I wanted to be a milkman...
    • OPFlashpoint.org
« Reply #33 on: 16 Sep 2002, 12:57:58 »
This bug is probably IE5.5 releated but I thought I should report it.

When logging in using IE5.5 browser I get Username doesn't exist and it shows the unsername and password I typed in, but I can access it on aol's browser okay.

2nd bug (not sure if it's a bug with the forum or not) I was on one of those fancy sites which use the dissolve effects when you click on a link, the then brought up ofpec forums after veiwing that page and it kept the same dissolve effects when clicking on links in the forum. (looked pretty cool though :) )
PEACE THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER

Kaliyuga

« Reply #34 on: 17 Sep 2002, 00:43:19 »
Not a serious Bug, but something noteworthy I thought...

there used to be a cap on the number of IMs you could have in the in/out boxes.. seems this is non existent after the remodel...   I let mine get to around 50 something before deleting them  :o ... (which is another thing... can you bring back the ability to delete individual IM's, not just all or nothing)

The thing that happened to me that was sort of buggy was that after a few lengthy IM's to my fellow mod members, my outbox is too full for me to look at now... I always time out .. thanks to my 56k modem ... so .. there should be a cap again to make a long post short.. LOL ;D
Plus If everyone had 50+ IM's in their in/out boxes I'd imagine that's a nice chunk of storage space there

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #35 on: 17 Sep 2002, 05:41:06 »

Intruder - This new board seems to like IE 6.0, so perhaps u could try upgrading?

Kaliyuga - Yes, i know the current IM system sucks :-\

There is no replacement for the standard YaBB SE messaging system out yet... i'll go have another look though.

Bear with it for the moment, eventually it'll be modded to something better. Thanks for the feedback though.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #36 on: 18 Sep 2002, 21:19:58 »
After I've removed all my cookies and temporary files the 'always logged' thingy doesn't work. So

YaBB still sends cookies, right?
Not all is lost.

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #37 on: 19 Sep 2002, 06:49:48 »
clarifying cookies:

a 'cookie' is a file that is stored on your computer, just like any other file, that this site uses to store information about you.

the whole site uses a single cookie, or a single file in other words, and the forum simply writes a number of values to that file.

It writes your username, your password (heavily encrypted of course) and the time that the cookie expires.

When you log onto the board, the code checks to makes sure the username and password match a username and password on the database, and that the current time is smaller than the expire time.

If all this checks out, you are allowed to access the board. If not, you need to log in again.

If you click the 'never expire' checkbox, the cookie's expire time is set to about a year in advance.

My point here is that cookie problems are not the fault of the board. The code is sound - i have checked it. Make sure that your browser does not have really high security settings set (that is clearing cookies or something).

There is really nothing else I can suggest :-\ Cookies are really the only way to save information on your computer, to prevent you from having to re-log in every time you reload a page.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #38 on: 19 Sep 2002, 18:04:05 »
I've got the cookie here right beside me. Don't know what's wrong. My security *cough* settings are *mumble* really small.  ::)

Oh well. I'm sure this will be sorted out by a quick reinstall of Windows  :P ;D
Not all is lost.

asmodeus

« Reply #39 on: 23 Sep 2002, 02:18:42 »
Hey snYpir!!

I was posting on my beta thread, Op F.T.F. and it posted it, but didn't load the page completely and gave me this error:

Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /usr/local/www/html/yabbse/Sources/Subs.php on line 929

Now, this thread has very large replies... So does that cause this error or is it something else??  

I can't view that thread still, it times out when I try to go there...  (I'm on a 56K connection..   :'()

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=1790;start=0;boardseen=1

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can provide!   :-*   ;D

P.S.  Another thing I just noticed...

On any news post, if you click on it to read the details, the date shows up as so:

01.01.1970 12:59:59 am Missions Depot - Missions Upload Facility Goes Live in One Hour!

LOL!!  We're back in the 70's!   :o  Oh no!  Disco and bell-bottoms!   :o   ::)   :P

But yeah, I wasn't sure if you knew about that one too..   ;)
« Last Edit: 23 Sep 2002, 02:29:07 by Asmodeus »

Offline snYpir

• BIS Team
  • OFPEC Jedi Master
    • OFPEC
« Reply #40 on: 29 Sep 2002, 07:41:53 »
Hey snYpir!!

I was posting on my beta thread, Op F.T.F. and it posted it, but didn't load the page completely and gave me this error:

Now, this thread has very large replies... So does that cause this error or is it something else??  

I can't view that thread still, it times out when I try to go there...  (I'm on a 56K connection..   :'()

http://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=23;action=display;threadid=1790;start=0;boardseen=1

Thanks for any help/suggestions you can provide!   :-*   ;D

This means that PHP cannot execute the commands on that page within the given maximum time period (30 secs). This will happen if the server is getting swamped, which is happening more and more often.

New server hardware is in the mail right now, and it will improve server speed so it is capable of handling every request. so wait out for that.

01.01.1970 12:59:59 am Missions Depot - Missions Upload Facility Goes Live in One Hour!

LOL!!  We're back in the 70's!   :o  Oh no!  Disco and bell-bottoms!   :o   ::)   :P

:D hehe yeah, timings have been an issue. we'll sort it out eventually.

Grokk

« Reply #41 on: 04 Oct 2002, 17:55:54 »
I got this bug in the bug forum while posting the message I put underneath:

An Error Has Occurred!

The Subject field was not filled out. It is required.

Strange thing is, I did fill in the subject field..

And here's the message i was trying to post:

It aint really a bug, but more something i noticed.. It is wrong, so I thought to post it here..
You remember the pic of the resistance cover (left under of site), wich functions as a link to codemasters, so you can buy res? Well, now there's a pic of the playstation2 game POW..
Havent tried clicking it, for I dont want pow, and res I already have  

Grokk

p.s. I sent this in a pm too, but got no awnser, so tried posting it again. And if you can read this, I succeeded

Offline Kronzky

• Members
    • My OFP/VBS Scripts/Missions/Addons
« Reply #42 on: 17 Oct 2002, 19:50:20 »
Something must've gotten screwed up in the style sheets for the Editors Depot section. When I visit your site with Mozilla, all other sections look good except for this one:

Also, the little link buttons in the Addons & Intelligence Depot still point to the old site (ofpeditingcenter.com)

CptBravo

« Reply #43 on: 22 Oct 2002, 07:09:51 »
Hi,

I just saw there is a bug rthread so I am re posting here hoping to get an asnwer.

I just purchased Resistance. Since installing it something annoying is happeneing. Every time I shoot one of the enemy soldiers , he goes bouncing in the air like a basketball!! Even when he is dead on the ground. If I shoot him again, he goes sliding on the ground?? Is this a common bug in Res? Is there a fix to it?

Another question is: do I need to install the patches 1.30 and 1.46 before installing Res? Because I installed it clean right after Coldwar without any patches. except for 1.86

I thank you all for your help.

Offline Jahve

• Former Staff
    • Jahwerks
« Reply #44 on: 22 Oct 2002, 12:59:47 »
CaptBravo i didnt know any better I'd think you were using the M73 gauss gun addon, but when I realize that thats not the matter, I must say that this is a verry wierd bug.. could you post a picture so we can understand better?`thanks.

Kronzy: that's the way it's displayed though browsers wich the forums/side arent spesifically meant to be viewed in.. It is also displayed in a similar way in my viersion of the Opera browser.
« Last Edit: 22 Oct 2002, 13:14:44 by Jahve »