Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22203 times)

Kaliyuga

Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #45 on: 28 Aug 2002, 20:24:15 »
You'll have to make the LCD texture for the Campaign...  ;D
I like the shirt... It's good practice if nothing else ;)
But he needs to look like this smiley more  ;D ... LOL ;D

We will definately have to work on some new textures for the campaign......      

Is that guy you're fooling around with a Civ or Resistance? cause I'm thinking our Cartel members are going to have to be resistance.... ???  
 But how would this work with the police Mod? what are the addons coming out of that going to be classed as? West/East/Resistance?   (Quicksilver are ya out there? :P)
Something to definately think about.... I mean what if we both make our teams be resistance for ease of combat?
I mean who wants to hack the .sqm for every cop or cartel member we use in our Campaign? :noo:

*EDIT*....  Also how about an arm patch that shows the flag? or how about making a civ that has the dragon from our flag on the back of his shirt? Asmo has the original dragon pic and I'd like to see it on the back of a black shirt or something.. maybe on the hood of a car? *EDIT*
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 20:27:26 by Kaliyuga »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #46 on: 28 Aug 2002, 20:47:02 »
its goin 2 b a LCD texture 4 da campaign dont wry  ;)  ;D

it was practice but mybe we can get dis ppl into our launching party 4 da cartel  ;D

i didnt took his face it was just a random fce da comp gave him  ;D

its curently civ but i can always change his side  ;) nd we can define da cartel ppl so dere r som 4 each side so we can use da side dat suits as mor in ech mis  ;D

i can do da texture thing (put dragon on back, armpatches) but i stil didnt try retexturing car  ;D - we can realese som cartel pack - i have som interestin ideas  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT

"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Kaliyuga

« Reply #47 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:03:51 »
Yeah.. that's a good idea.. a few guys for each side.. just for the sake of versatility.

I had this crazy idea last night.. and It's too bad you can't make the player "change clothes" somehow midmission.... now of course this can be done from mission to mission easily enough, but to do it mid mission would be crazy.. you could hide from someone and then change into something else to lose them from your trail.....  

I just had another crazy idea... you're getting chased by the cops so you duck into a garage where you get new plates and a quick paint job.. (really just swap one car for another in reality )
Being in this new car puts you in captive status so you can just drive past the cops casually .....

one question about that though.... say I'm shooting at the enemy... I obviously become a target for them at that point... I manage to escape for a little bit..then I become "setcaptive true" , If I go back to those same guys I was shooting at just prior will they shoot me ?  :-\
« Last Edit: 28 Aug 2002, 21:05:21 by Kaliyuga »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #48 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:15:40 »
i think dat I can make a script dat wil make u setcaptive false again so dey wilx shpt nd if dere r som new guys in dere we can always "tell" oder ppl dat dey r after u

LCD OUT

mikeb

« Reply #49 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:16:35 »
The only way I can see about changing clothes mid-mission would be to actually start a new mission as you change clothes.  This creates restricted times at which you can change clothes but makes a mission ve interesting.  You can use savevar to save variables from the first "half" and transfer them over.

Moreover, changing clothes could be a useful option for a mission.  Perhaps the mission can be completed without changing clothes but if you decide to do so it activates another of the mission end triggers and loads up the second half.  Then finishing the second half gets to the same mission as if you'd completed the whole mission without changing clothes.  Make sense!  Of course you could give less points for using the clothes as this makes it slightly easier (but then you probably don't have to kill as many people)

I suppose an idea like that is also good for assassin missions...

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #50 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:25:33 »
good idea Mikeb  ;D

gonna discus it wid da team  ;)  ;D

Offline Hawkins

• Former Staff
  • Team 2-2
« Reply #51 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:32:37 »
This idea is related to the mod AND to it's team too.... ::)

Ya guys should make a website for your campaign. :P To keep us fans up-to-date. ;D

Hawk

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #52 on: 28 Aug 2002, 21:40:05 »
in da meantime we r usin dis thread as our offic site   ;D

mybe u wanna make our website?  ::)  ;D

LCD OUT

Kaliyuga

« Reply #53 on: 29 Aug 2002, 00:33:40 »
As things start to come together a little more , we do have a website we are planning to launch......

Just wanted to get some of the rough ideas out of the way here on the forums.. and will still probably keep this thread going as long as it remains pertinent and on topic ;)

Good idea MikeB .... That is something to think about for sure...

And hey there Hawkins.. haven't seen you around too much since classes started.. glad to know you're still out there :wave:

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #54 on: 29 Aug 2002, 16:43:01 »
How about that new SetTexture command in Res? Sefe once said it only works for tanks, but has anybody every tried to use it on characters?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #55 on: 29 Aug 2002, 17:11:13 »
i got da blood textures 2 work on da EC civ addon  ;D

bout da setobjtexture command it can be used only on units who have da option in deir config file - nd til i c a config file of one of dis units i cant do ny units usin em  ;D

LCD OUT

P.S @ Rubble_Maker da only units it work 4 r - russian armored vehicles nd da 5th truck, ural nd da resistance truck (watever it called)  ;D

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #56 on: 29 Aug 2002, 22:01:24 »
hey thats a cool discovery. So all that needs is some tweaking of the config.cpp files... no prob I guess.

Rubble_Maker

« Reply #57 on: 29 Aug 2002, 22:01:35 »
hey thats a cool discovery. So all that needs is some tweaking of the config.cpp files... no prob I guess.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #58 on: 29 Aug 2002, 22:04:29 »
u know cpp writin ? can u open one of da config.bin dat BIS use ? i need 2 know dat 2 know wat command give da soldier da option 2 use setobjtexture   ;D

LCD OUT

P.S i started workin on script dat make da AI behave as it have personal live (goin 2 work, goin home ec.)
« Last Edit: 29 Aug 2002, 22:06:34 by LCD »

Quicksilver

« Reply #59 on: 30 Aug 2002, 00:00:24 »
I'm here, i would think that the cartel would have to be East since we're using the resistance as the police.

-Quicksilver