Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Everon Cartel  (Read 22295 times)

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
Re:Everon Cartel
« Reply #15 on: 24 Aug 2002, 01:13:02 »
i dono if we can do dis but dere wil be som cutscenes dat wil c ya smokin nd som oder nice effects  ;)  ;D

:Cheers:

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

hiddenfox

« Reply #16 on: 24 Aug 2002, 03:41:58 »
im working on a pretty big island that is mostly farms

want me to send you the early beta. maybe it can be used.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #17 on: 24 Aug 2002, 04:16:03 »
u wil have 2 wait til kali (team leader) wil b back in bout 2-3 days nd ask him  ;)

LCD OUT

Jakerod

« Reply #18 on: 24 Aug 2002, 05:38:49 »
You could make one where you are a dirty cop working for Cartel 1, then you go in as a SWAT team to stop a drug deal from Cartel 2 then you shoot your fellow SWAT and then Cartel 2 dealers...Get their drugs...Get the money...it all works out in the end. ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #19 on: 24 Aug 2002, 06:14:19 »
@ Jakerod :  nice idea but we r not intended 2 play as cops only 2 kil em  ;)  ;D - not even dirty cops mybe we wil help dirty cops but we r not police of ny kind  ;D  ;)

;D

LCD OUT

Jakerod

« Reply #20 on: 24 Aug 2002, 20:47:03 »
I was thinking it could be a good starting mission...
If you dont want him to be a cop then make him dress in a cops uniform and have him go on the raid thing and kill them.

LimeCordial

« Reply #21 on: 24 Aug 2002, 23:48:51 »
bribes - perhaps you could introduce some kind of system that lets you notice how suceptible cops and guards are to bribes......or just play it by ear........you could offer them some money, they say no, offer them some more, no, then again and some will say yes and let you go, while others will try to arrest you, others will take it first time and the most loyal will simply try to kill you.

if you can bribe the guards to let your trucks go or whatever, the boss likes what you did, gives you extra cash and whatever........

SEAL84

« Reply #22 on: 24 Aug 2002, 23:58:36 »
Hehehehe...I'm thinking of the part in the movie "XXX" where he gets dropped off at the Colombian drug errrrm....farm....and then the Colombian Army shows up and starts ripping the place to shreds...

Maybe you could even draw the story out so that you have to keep an eye on the guys under your command...maybe they start skimming a little off the profits and you have to go burn his house down ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #23 on: 25 Aug 2002, 01:58:41 »
Good ideas everybody :thumbsup:

bout da bribe thing - i can script dat  ;D its not a prob - i can even make deir loyality wil b random (somtimes dey wil b loyal nd somtimes no  ;D) ;)

@ seal : dis gonna b dere 4 sure  ;)  ;D - nd somtimes da army wil com nd try 2 attack u  :o  ;D

@ Jakerod : good idea  ;) wil think bout it  ;D

LCD OUT

Jakerod

« Reply #24 on: 25 Aug 2002, 17:28:37 »
Here is an idea for your mission...
You are at a "drug farm" and the governemnt is coming after it and you have to get all the stuff out before they destroy it.

Another one: You are in a boat and are being chased by the government and have to get it to a certain destination.

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #25 on: 25 Aug 2002, 17:48:05 »
@ Jakerod : u have 2 meny ideas  ;)  ;D

i like da drug farm idea nd it wil surely b done (nd i wil use da drop command 2 make da farm burn so u can stop nd smoke  ;)   ;D :toocool:

bout da sec idea - dere wil b a smuglin misions get dashipment 2 somwere  ;) so we can make itwid boats not only wid trucks  ;)  ;D

LCD OUT

Kaliyuga

« Reply #26 on: 26 Aug 2002, 08:03:15 »
WoW.. you go away for a few days.. and look what kinda response ya get..... ;D ;D

Love the Ideas guys... I think We're close to starting to plan some of the missions out , so everything you've mentioned will sure help out.
Somehow bribery had slipped my mind...
I thought of blackmail... some sort of recon/photo gathering mission  8)....
 Also I like the idea of planting tracking devices and/or bugs on your enemies...

@LimeCordial: I'm back from vacation now, so I'll play yer mission some more now  ;D .  Bribery, don't think that one had occured to me yet... good call... maybe we could add where you can talk to certain people for gossip.. etc.... and learn info in that manner.

@ Hiddenfox:   I'll take a look at your island.. just send it to my e-mail addy (dj_kaliyuga@yahoo.com)    ;) Second thought... send me an IM also.. if you like workin on islands I got something that might be right up your alley  ;)

@Nailbiter: this campaign was inspired by the "Hemp" add-on that was released some months ago.. so we will be having this featured in the campaign... we also intend to use lots of cutscenes most of which will feature custom music, as well as "personality scripting" for non player characters, so you can expect to be dealing with all types people in this campaign.

@Zsa Zsa:  Of course there will be informants, undercover agents, etc.. to watch out for.. who you choose to do business with will effect the storyline... I am a big fan of branching objectives... having a mission where there may be a total of 7 or 8 objectives, but only two or three neccesary to beat it.. sort of leaving two or three paths towards completing the mission... Completing one objective causes you to gain some intel that leads you to another optional objective.....

@Jakerod: Having an inside person on the police force or somesuch is definately something we have considered. This is where bribery and blackmail come into play of course....
  Also... regarding the boat... number one on my wish list has to either a nice, shiny new speedboat for this campaign, or a small inconspicous fishing trawler for smugglin... seems that OFP has a serious lack of boats in the first place :-\.. and if I can't manage to get one of those two.. then I'll just have to resort to plan B and use.... oh .. wait I can't tell you about plan B   :o  ;)

@Anyone I missed:.... wow this is a long post, but I'm glad to see all the input... May post some screenshots of the Beta island I am working on for this campaign later in the week
Kaliyuga
:cheers: :toocool:

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2002, 08:18:24 by Kaliyuga »

Cedaie

« Reply #27 on: 26 Aug 2002, 08:10:28 »
hehe, just think, you got bongs tat have the same amount of smoke as a campfire  :-X  ;D do the full over-exaggeration thing, heheh, make that a small cutscene somewhere

Kaliyuga

« Reply #28 on: 26 Aug 2002, 08:15:28 »
Yeah... I'm gonna put that Lynx Smoke Generator to some good use there Cedaie  ;D ;D   Or at least that's what I'm thinking there... I have a sick and twisted vision of Homegrown meets Cheech and Chong meets Blow or something like that... And I'm taking a cinema class this semester so look out cutscenes ;D  ;D

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #29 on: 26 Aug 2002, 08:31:39 »
Welcom back Kali   ;D

u forgot seal  ;)

wat is plan b ??? - or even i dont get 2 know it ?  ;D

7-8 objectives ? remindin me somthin  ;)  ::)

LCD OUT

« Last Edit: 26 Aug 2002, 19:55:03 by LCD »