Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: New Mine Script! Calls Down Artillery!  (Read 2017 times)

Kyle

New Mine Script! Calls Down Artillery!
« on: 29 Oct 2003, 22:54:08 »
I was really bored and felt like seeing some people (on OFP) get blown to smithereens!  So, what I did was I made a mine script that, when it goes off, it takes out about half of the squad, and then calls in artillery simulated through a smoke grenade bursting at the mine position and then about 4 rounds hitting in random places around the mine position.  It adds a pretty interesting twist to the next time you step on a mine in OFP!  So, go ahead, and try my mine script! ;)  (You need resistance!)

ChEeRs,
       Sniper_Kyle ;D

Kyle

Re:New Mine Script! Calls Down Artillery!
« Reply #1 on: 31 Oct 2003, 01:25:41 »
I like how you are all viewing this post, but I would like some feedback.  Thx! ;)

Sniper_Kyle ;D

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #2 on: 05 Jan 2004, 17:08:16 »
In the testing phase :D  Wont be long now !!

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #3 on: 05 Jan 2004, 17:44:15 »
downloading...

:beat: *Gets Downloaded* :beat:

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #4 on: 05 Jan 2004, 17:53:12 »
OK, I have a few comments on this one.

1. The grenades that gave the mine a little more dammage should be a bit closer to the mine itself, it looks quite silly now.
2. You gonna add sound to that arty? And I would like to see a bit more waiting time as well.
3. You've done the arty script wrong m8y, it's not random.
4. Some drop command effects should be nice on this one.

:beat: *Gets Mined* :beat:
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2004, 17:56:37 by The real Armstrong »

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #5 on: 05 Jan 2004, 19:00:51 »
So i say im testing it and some **** :) goes and downloads it and gets a post done before me ?? i hint a bit of childishness ??

Anyway: -

1:) -- Whats the purpose of the human head ??  ???

2:) -- Like Sir Armsty said, this script is wrong, to begin with it looks kinda ... wierd ??

3:) -- Take out the 0.002 delays from the script so the explosions are created together at the same time, see hwta you think, id prefere it without a dleay but it might just be personal preference :)

4:) -- Try a green smoke shell, i think it gives some more atmosphere than a red one on the battle ground :)

5:) Why are there two scripts in ht emission folder when only one is used (mine.sqs), thye both have exactly the same content...

6:) whats "diewilliam" all about - i cant find any reference in the mission to "diewilliam"

Hope this is enuf for now... more to come... :)

RHys

EDIT :- May i ask why you have used this lets sya LONG method of creating the explosions ?? first of all when i try changing something to help on improvements i cant see the error bit , its of the screen  ;D Of course if this is the way you have learnt to make arty like scripts then so be it - i apologize and i shall say no more :)
« Last Edit: 05 Jan 2004, 19:03:51 by rhysduk »

Sniper_Kyle

« Reply #6 on: 05 Jan 2004, 21:55:31 »
WOW old post, but erm, thx for the responses (tries to remember when he posted these).  I'll organize my answers...

Armstrong:  As i had said (i think) in the first post I had done this script just for a bit of fun during boredom.  I did it just to make one of my friend pay for not dying on multiplayer (mwahaha  :beat: ) but thx for tellin me that the script was not right.  Could you tell me your way of doing random variables.  Although I have done some scripts already, I am still a noob to random variables..so any help IS appreciated.  I had started this script earlier and it was good and then something fu**ed up and my script was wrong and i just finished it in a hurry.  Now that you say it, i think i will add sound to the arty for more atmosphere and the drop commands would be great but I'm not THAT great at em.  Thx for the review...now erm rhysduk ol' pal from the car bomb script is next...

Rhysduk: I am sorry that Armstrong beat you to the punch, lol  :P .  There is absolutely no purpose of the human head except that it is big enough to see and (*CHUCKLE*) it kind of scares ppl to look at a head and then it blows up...   Ok and about the random variables look above at armstrongs section, i dont understand random variables, etc.   Um I had the .002 delays in there to try to simulate different guns firing (because they never fire EXACTLY at the same time.  I guess I could use a green smoke shell, I just used the red because red kinda means death but I'll change it.  Ok and about the "diewilliam.sqs" script, I thought I had deleted that from the mission.sqm but I guess I forgot.. o well, it was just for a friend as I said above (his name is William, get it, diewilliam, die william, uh ha!) ok anyway that is what that is for.  And lol rhysduk no reason to say sorry, if i had more time in life, i would try to make a different way for me to make arty, but this was a fast script.

Thank you all for reviewing my script and I shall try to make the changes you have suggested.  Thank you again,
                                          Sniper_Kyle  ;D

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #7 on: 05 Jan 2004, 22:11:14 »
Didn't knew it was old, mostly did it to beat rhys ;D

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
« Reply #8 on: 05 Jan 2004, 23:38:43 »
Hi Kyle and Sir Armsty :D

I am sorry that Armstrong beat you to the punch, lol  

Nothing to be sorry about , its Armsty that should be apologizing  ;D lol joke :)

it kind of scares ppl to look at a head and then it blows up

Come to think of it it does doesnt it ??

Um I had the .002 delays in there to try to simulate different guns firing (because they never fire EXACTLY at the same time.

Um yeha my mistake, come to htink of it ill put them back in and play around with them a bit more :) see hwat happens :)

Ok and about the "diewilliam.sqs" script, I thought I had deleted that from the mission.sqm but I guess I forgot

You thought you had deleted it ? You DID delete it, lol, it aint there...

Regards Rhys

Sniper_Kyle

« Reply #9 on: 06 Jan 2004, 22:10:16 »
Hahah my bad rhysduk...i thought i had deleted anything to do with the william.sqs thing but I guess i didnt if you had learnt about it!   ;D

Sniper_Kyle  ;D