Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: CAN ANY1 help moi?  (Read 717 times)

Offline Mikeyfish90210

• Members
  • HEY STOP TAKING SO LONG TO ANSWER SIMPLE THREADS
CAN ANY1 help moi?
« on: 28 Oct 2003, 23:45:09 »
I had this great idea, could you get a tunnel that you can crawl through that can under the ground?? Apreciate any ideas on how!  :)
MIkEy FIshY BoyY YabDAO

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:CAN ANY1 help moi?
« Reply #1 on: 29 Oct 2003, 02:30:18 »
Hi Fishman

I saw a thread somewhere about a tunnel network addon for use in an Afghanistan scenario, not sure where though.  Search under the Addons forum or the library, or try Googling for "tunnels OFP".

Essentially, the tunnel network is just a standard addon building, but with only one or two ways in and out and of course no windows !   :P

You simply place the tunnel "building" somewhere on your map well out of game play (say, an offshore island) then create a trigger point that automatically zaps the player into the building.

I think the addon also had a "tunnel entrance" building to put the trigger on - you essentially walk a few feet into a darkened hole and are then zapped into the darkened tunnel building on the other side of the map.  You don't see this of course - as far as you're concerned you are still crawling through the same dark tunnel.   :)

Ditto in reverse to zap back to the surface.

Pretty clever really !

I'm not sure whether or not the tunnel "building" is modular or not (I don't think it is), but it looks like a pretty cool addon nonetheless.

Cheers

Roni

m21man

Re:CAN ANY1 help moi?
« Reply #2 on: 29 Oct 2003, 03:58:17 »
OFP doesn't allow true tunneling. You can either have objects that are small, individual caves, or you can use teleportation to move you from one place to another. If you want individual caves, try Cat_Shit_One's Afghanistan island. The file is only about 1/2 the size of Tonal, which also has caves.