Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: moving triggers  (Read 2453 times)

Offline CapMorgan

• Members
  • OFP fan
    • Cazadores de monte
moving triggers
« on: 21 Aug 2002, 04:19:37 »
hellow all!
first:
nice new forum!!

second:
Im having a problem when moving a trigger. The Z coord goes at sea level. Eaven if i use the getpos.
This is really a problem, because the unit cannot activate it.
I cheked the pos of the unit that should activate the trigger and the poss of the trigger at the same time, both identical except for the Z coord. any idea?
BtW i tried the getpos with a Logical and an object, but the damn trigger goes down like a rock in a lake.

As usual, thanx in advanced.

Offline icarus_uk

• Members
  • LiarLiarPants Inflame True
    • [furryclan]
Re:moving triggers
« Reply #1 on: 21 Aug 2002, 04:29:14 »
Shouldnt be an issue.  If the conditions are correct and unit and at altitude should activate the trigger, e.g. choppers setting off land mines.

_hammy_

« Reply #2 on: 21 Aug 2002, 06:52:30 »
ummmm... what icarus said :)

tai mai shu

« Reply #3 on: 21 Aug 2002, 08:38:17 »
the altitude, or z position of the trigger, dhouldnt be a problem whatsoever.  a trigger should be considered an endless vertical cylindar, not a circle on teh ground.  any thing that moves into teh cyclinder will actvate the trigger.  the trigger only takes into account the X and Y positions, not the z value. erm, i think so   ???  ::)  :-\

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
« Reply #4 on: 21 Aug 2002, 09:53:23 »
You are correct there tai mai shu, a trigger is in fact a large cylinder reaching from ground level up to infinity (or where OFP's skybox model ends...).
So CapMorgan, it doesn't matter if your trigger is moved in the Z axis, since it will still activate if someone passes over it.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"

tai mai shu

« Reply #5 on: 21 Aug 2002, 11:33:57 »
probly some stupid bug, or maybe he wrote with wrong syntax or wumthin, who knows, ive NEVER had this problem

Offline CapMorgan

• Members
  • OFP fan
    • Cazadores de monte
« Reply #6 on: 21 Aug 2002, 16:28:38 »
I've checked it 100 times. always the same...
The procedure is this:
;script
? cambio == 1:comprarNato setpos (getpos PosCompNato_1);comprarUrss setpos (getpos PosCompUrss_1);global setpos (getpos Posglobal_1)
? cambio == 2:comprarNato setpos (getpos PosCompNato_2);comprarUrss setpos (getpos PosCompUrss_2);global setpos (getpos Posglobal_2)

? side player == east: player setpos (getpos comprarURSS)
? side player == west: player setpos (getpos comprarNATO)

the script goes on...bla bla...

cambio is a variable that defines where to put the triggers.
comprarNato comprarUrss and global are triggers.
PosCompNato_1, PosCompUrss_1 and Posglobal_1 are logical units or objects, i've tried both.
This does not work. Any suggestion?

PS: now is scripting, just in case any moderator like to move the post.

tai mai shu

« Reply #7 on: 21 Aug 2002, 22:19:21 »
I've checked it 100 times. always the same...
The procedure is this:
;script
? cambio == 1:comprarNato setpos (getpos PosCompNato_1);comprarUrss setpos (getpos PosCompUrss_1);global setpos (getpos Posglobal_1)
? cambio == 2:comprarNato setpos (getpos PosCompNato_2);comprarUrss setpos (getpos PosCompUrss_2);global setpos (getpos Posglobal_2)

? side player == east: player setpos (getpos comprarURSS)
? side player == west: player setpos (getpos comprarNATO)

the script goes on...bla bla...

cambio is a variable that defines where to put the triggers.
comprarNato comprarUrss and global are triggers.
PosCompNato_1, PosCompUrss_1 and Posglobal_1 are logical units or objects, i've tried both.
This does not work. Any suggestion?

PS: now is scripting, just in case any moderator like to move the post.

erm, yeah, triggers are cool   :P  :P  :-\

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #8 on: 22 Aug 2002, 06:27:08 »
Im having a problem when moving a trigger. The Z coord goes at sea level. Eaven if i use the getpos.
This is really a problem, because the unit cannot activate it.

CapMorgan,

That isn't the problem, as triggers are always at sea level. As quite a few guys have pointed out, the z co-ord of the activating unit is not an issue ;)

I suggest you check the conditions of your trigger... remember that it's condition must be set to present (either east, west or anyone) for it to be activated by a unit.

You should also check for silly little errors, like misspelt variable/unit/trigger/logic names, as those are the things that trip us up the easiest... I'd suggest double and even triple checking things to make sure everything is as it should be

Offline CapMorgan

• Members
  • OFP fan
    • Cazadores de monte
« Reply #9 on: 22 Aug 2002, 16:33:31 »
thanx for the reply guys.
I've checked the trigger, again as you requested. I've put the trigger, inside it the player. I can see a menu of actions i added, so the condition its ok...fact: i know trigger its working.
I move the player out of the trigger to deactivate it. I also check this with a hint...
Now by a radio call i move both (trigger and player) calling the scipt i posted before. I check the position of both by a hint at the same time. result same position... fact: trigger is in the correct place.
Well this last time i re-re-re checked it i noticed that it activates (i can see the menu), but it deactivates at the moment i move the player...Now i'm eaven worst than yesterday...

tai mai shu

« Reply #10 on: 23 Aug 2002, 06:02:39 »
erm, maybe your gonna have to bite the bullet and reinstall ofp, it might be a data error, it happens to a lot of people.  :-\