Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Apes  (Read 887 times)

VisciousDog

Apes
« on: 08 Oct 2003, 05:53:33 »
Was playing with BAS's new map for a few days now, and I can say "Good job." While on the map, hearing the sound effects of monkeys, and other creatures. Thought of Apes, monkeys. Although, most animals can not be created for add-ons in Ofp and Res. But I am sure Monkeys, or/and  apes can (do not make em playable). Make em walk funny. Just imagine on the map, and finding yourself in front of one or many, disturbing your mission.

Josef

Re:Apes
« Reply #1 on: 09 Oct 2003, 21:47:49 »
And then you switch to MasterKey  ;D

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 09 Oct 2003, 21:54:16 »
And then you switch to MasterKey 

And get your ass sued off by PETA...

m21man

« Reply #3 on: 09 Oct 2003, 21:58:32 »
We should have some monkeys ingame, though what would they do? Throw bananas? Do those things that always do in the zoo that would cause me to be thrown out of OFPEC if I mentioned them?!?

DeLiltMon

« Reply #4 on: 10 Oct 2003, 12:19:22 »
Hmmm given the limits of the opf engine you'd have a 6ft ape that walked upright on 2 legs, sounds like big foot to me!  ;D

Offline Roni

• Members
  • Play the Game !
Re:Apes - Animals in General
« Reply #5 on: 12 Oct 2003, 04:13:12 »
I actually came into this forum to find posts on animals in general and found this thread.

I reckon that making up animals shouldn't be too hard and really would add to the game.  I was thinking that the occasional dog, chicken or horse would add a lot to a small village scene.

I am currently working on an Iraqi war scenario and have cobbled together a "arab village sounds" sampler of voices, prayer callers, goats, chickens and dog barks.  Actually having one or two models of these animals around, even to look at, would be kinda cool.

Also, if any of us ever got bored we could set up a quick scenario on a "nature only" map, place a few animals on patrol with random start locations and a "flee on sight" script and go hunting.

Redneck Rampage anyone ?

Roni
« Last Edit: 12 Oct 2003, 04:13:30 by Roni »

Fegerdeger

« Reply #6 on: 15 Oct 2003, 19:06:05 »
Haha, I remember that game "If I sit here any longer, I'm gonna get a see-veer case of a** hemroids" Good times, good times...

Back on topic, Now that that dog addon has been released, aren't all kinds of animals feasable?
I think It would add an EXTREME amount of dimension. Think, it's downtime at the base, you have a trusty AK-74...you decide to go deer hunting  ;D

I think this really would be great!
« Last Edit: 15 Oct 2003, 19:07:28 by Fegerdeger »

Josef

« Reply #7 on: 17 Oct 2003, 00:12:19 »
Or just a hunting misison, with fires and all...

Or pouching, one team is the police, the other a couple of hunters...

Torak

« Reply #8 on: 17 Oct 2003, 12:14:22 »
<mode="Elmer">
Now be vewy, vewy quiet... I'm a-huntin' wabbits... <BANG><BANG> OK, maybe not weally quiet...</mode>