Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ive got a problem with an Online Map wondering if I could get some help  (Read 1186 times)

Noel_From_Ireland

Hello im not sure if this is the place to discuss this, but if its not go ahead and delete.

recently this map has become very popular with OFP gamers online

mfcti_1.1_ps_ife0.92_everon.eden.pbo

It is basically an OFP version of Red Alert where you gotta buy a barracks | Tank Building | Airbase | Etc. I was wandering if I could get some assistance from somebody who has played as the commander in this map.

The armoured unit that each side gets at the start of the game (ya know the one that if ruined results in loss of war) is locked and I cannot get inside it. There is some kind of trick to get it unlocked so you can move it to a safe location to build the base.

Can anyone please tell me how this little trick is done?

Also... how can you set player taxes and stuff in this map.. I know that can be done as well.. im just not sure how people are doing it.

Thanks

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Hello im not sure if this is the place to discuss this
In these past years here I've noticed something. Every topic started in the wrong place starts with the exact words like quoted above  ;)

In case the moderators will just settle for moving this to missions discussion, instead of locking I'll answer something short.

@ 1st question:
Only the commander can unlock/lock the vehicle. This can be done from the action menu with command lock/unlock. (The action menu is the thing down on your right hand corner).
The vehicle is created with a command which forces you to wait for the game to acknowledge it as a vehicle, so depending on your connection and some other technical factors you may have to wait for a while before the lock/unlock action command apears.

@2nd question:
Handling funds can be accessed through the command menu dialog. I don't remember what it's called in version 1.1, but you'll find it, it's in there.  ;)
Not all is lost.

Noel_From_Ireland

;D

Thanks for that, I thought the first person in the list was the commander, I was wrong though, the commander is bottom of list  ::) no wander I couldnt get the tank open. I must have sat there an hour trying to figure out how to command even though I wasnt commander :(

Thats a smashing map. I played as commander last night on the internet and the game lasted about 3 hours... usually maps for this game only last 30 mins max.

Thanks again for the help Artak
 ;D

Offline KTottE

• Former Staff
In the future, if you are unsure about where to post something, or if you don't find a board that seems right, consider it off-topic and don't post it.

If it is something you really need to tell someone about or ask something, send a PM to a global moderator (the blue boys) or an administrator (the guys in red) asking if you can post it and where you should do so.

Luckily Artak got here before I did, so you got your question answered, but in the future, no more posts like this.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!'"