Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Ejection Seats... (For all planes)  (Read 4367 times)

KyleSarnik

Ejection Seats... (For all planes)
« on: 22 Sep 2003, 00:20:38 »
I've got the basics down but dont have all the scirpting skills to pull it off... but what I would like to see is a nice universal ejection seat script/addon.

Here it goes, something like this:

Addons:
Have a seat and a canopy. There should be different models depending on the plane. So maybe one for the A10 and one for the Su25. and in the script use the syntax [planename, seattype,canopytype] exec "ejection.sqs" or whatever....

Scripts:
Corresponding with the addons, you can use the following to detect if a unit has ejected: engine status (on or off), height, speed, and whether or not the pilot is in the plane. (i know that there are commands to detect all of these). This way it will work using the normal Eject action on all vehicles. Now assuming the seat is classed as a plane and the canopy as a static object (like barrels and the way they bounce around) useing createvehicle put a seat and canopy in the right positions, place the pilot in the seat, "lock" the seat (so there is no Eject action on the seat), use setvelocity on seat and canopy and after a certain amount of seconds Eject the pilot from the seat, witch will automaticly give him a parachute...

Im sure there is someone out there capable of doing this, cause it would add a lot to the game... Thx for listening  ;D
« Last Edit: 22 Sep 2003, 00:23:20 by KyleSarnik »

KyleSarnik

Re:Ejection Seats... (For all planes)
« Reply #1 on: 22 Sep 2003, 22:11:12 »
Another great thing about this is that it would work on AI pilots....

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 23 Sep 2003, 05:43:34 »
Ah well, while you're waiting for this script to be made, check out Hudson's F/A-18C for a kickass ejection seat ;D ;D ;D.

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=4908

KyleSarnik

« Reply #3 on: 23 Sep 2003, 20:44:01 »
Yea I will take a look at that one, but im talking about a universal script/addon that can be used on any plane and for AI as well. I think it would be useful... just a thaought/suggestion, so any mods or addon makers/scripters out there want to give it a try?

KyleSarnik

« Reply #4 on: 23 Sep 2003, 21:44:45 »
Ok I started thinking what else there should be... So heres a list:

• Smoke, maybe some white smoke from the rockets on the seat..
  • Also maybe a small explosion when the canopy blows off, it should make it look better
  • Not too important but maybe an animation for the seat of the pilot jumping off...?
  • When the pilot ejects he should be injured and maybe be a chance that he will pass out and could make the screen fade black like the BAS dust effects
Yes it could be the best ejection script ever.....

m21man

« Reply #5 on: 23 Sep 2003, 22:29:36 »
Maybe if you could execute a script like this for a plane:
["type of canopy"] exec "maineject.sqs"

Since planes have all different types of canopies, this would allow you to choose what the canopy looked like when it blew off.

Also, the script should randomly cause the ejected unit to die/be critically wounded if he ejects at extremely fast speeds. Obviously, it's a lot safer to eject from an A-10 than from an F/A-18 :o.

As for Hudson's F/A-18, you've got to love the ejection seat on that puppy. The main problem is that the canopy has to open (At the normal speed >:( ) before you can eject. But the seat itself is amazing. It pops you up a bit, then a few seconds later a rocket kicks in, and you can cause the seat to tip forwards/backwards/left/right, allowing you to, say, pull up if you're going to hit a cliff ::).

KyleSarnik

« Reply #6 on: 24 Sep 2003, 20:32:33 »
Thats exactly waht I was trying to say in my first post m21man

[planename, seattype,canopytype] exec "ejection.sqs"

As for the F/A-18, yes I agree the d**n canopy is too slow, and the reason you can.. erm.. steer the seat (lol) its probably classes as a plane...

Now assuming the seat is classed as a plane and the canopy as a static object (like barrels and the way they bounce around)

Hmmm... yep, sounds good to me. If only I had better scripting skills.....
« Last Edit: 24 Sep 2003, 20:34:55 by KyleSarnik »

bigdog632

« Reply #7 on: 25 Sep 2003, 03:08:02 »
hmmm are you injured everytime you eject?

KyleSarnik

« Reply #8 on: 25 Sep 2003, 04:58:28 »
Well its gotta hurt I mean goin that fast then the wind hits you and.. well its gotta hurt. Anyways it could be randomized so sometimes you might get hurt, sometimes you might die, and sometimes you just might get out with full health...

m21man

« Reply #9 on: 25 Sep 2003, 15:38:57 »
If your limbs aren't secured, they can flap around and will quite likely be smashed against the edge of the ejection seat :o :o :o.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #10 on: 25 Sep 2003, 20:43:25 »
yeah and im sure the force of the wind impacting on your chest when ejecting out of a military plane (especially a high velocity fighter) can be enough to break several ribs AND if you dont land properly you can break your legs :-( lol

and as for good ejection scriptsd etc have you tried Falklands mod's Harrier, they have a seat there which is an actual object and hits the ground too ;D and its a really cool one
« Last Edit: 25 Sep 2003, 20:50:35 by KJAM »

KyleSarnik

« Reply #11 on: 25 Sep 2003, 22:55:52 »
Yes I have the harrier but its still not that great...

I want to see one with a nice seat and a canopy, a random injury script (perhaps with blackout effects), and some cool effects like smoke or some sort of explosion type thingy. Also if you try to eject while on the ground or at really low speeds you might hit the canopy and get injured or even killed...

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #12 on: 25 Sep 2003, 23:09:36 »
and maybe even random failures with the canopy so it doesnt open and therefore kills you

KyleSarnik

« Reply #13 on: 26 Sep 2003, 00:53:20 »
hmm

splat!

lol.... anyways after studying the F/A-18C ejection script for a few hours I have begun to make one of my own (using the F/A-18C seat cause i dont got my own yet) and im at the moment still working on it, but im not even sure if it will work.

KyleSarnik

« Reply #14 on: 26 Sep 2003, 20:32:35 »
Ok the script works, well the ejection part but I still dont have a way to use it. I was just testing it using a trigger. I also need the seat an canopy addons, but thats not as important right now. I need to find a way to make it work for AI.

Ok I also have a random injury part witch will either barley hurt you, injure you so you cant walk, or kill you.
« Last Edit: 26 Sep 2003, 22:06:57 by KyleSarnik »