Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: A Bridge Too Far  (Read 1426 times)

theliberalpatriot

A Bridge Too Far
« on: 21 Sep 2003, 22:53:44 »
Heres an idea. How about a mission for OFP Resistance thats based on Operation Market Garden (A bridge too far)? You could size it down and have only a platoon (three around 10 man squads) per bridge and label them Eindhoven, Nijmegen and Arnhem! I would love someone to make this. Unfortunately I don't yet have resistance. :'(

-theliberalpatriot

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:A Bridge Too Far
« Reply #1 on: 21 Sep 2003, 23:00:10 »
Yea, that's kinda cool. The problem is, we got no island with 3 bridges in a row.

:beat: *Gets Shot* :beat:

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
« Reply #2 on: 22 Sep 2003, 03:09:50 »
I love it! Imagine a 25.6x25.6 km "island" of the area in and around Arnhem (Arnhem, Osterbeek, the Renkum Heide and all those famous places) where the events of Market Garden took place...

Of course, it would be difficult to have all of the allied XXX Corps and the 2nd SS Corps units there, but just as you say, with smaller amounts of units...

I recently read Cornelius Ryan's book "A bridge too far" and I recommend it to anyone interested in reading more about Market Garden.

Remember September '44

Drozdov

« Reply #3 on: 22 Sep 2003, 19:29:02 »
Actually, with Kegetys' addon there's a bridge object so you could create three bridges. They wouldn't look anything like the Arnhem bridges, though.

But man, Market-Garden was a farce. Three Germans (and a dog) with panzerfausts hold up an entire armoured column for a day.

You don't have Resistance? Get it! Steal it if you have to!  8)

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2003, 22:21:12 »
Invasion 44 are making Operation Market Garden if you can wait  a while ;)