Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Musicpack as .pbo  (Read 824 times)

xenofanes

Musicpack as .pbo
« on: 31 Mar 2004, 14:31:34 »
Wouldn't it be great if you could make .pbo files containing music and maybe also sounds that could be used in missions.
This must be possible and would certainly be very useful for mods and missionmakers. I've got a lot of ideas, but I just don't know how to do it  >:(

OrangeLeader

Re:Musicpack as .pbo
« Reply #1 on: 31 Mar 2004, 21:59:14 »
It has been done. That is how poeple put custom music in thier missions. Look around in the tutorials and editing thread there is more info.

Kaliyuga

Re:Musicpack as .pbo
« Reply #2 on: 31 Mar 2004, 22:14:23 »
problem is that anyone who is hosting that pack could leave themselves wide open for lawsuits for distribution of copyrighted material ...

the person downloading it from the internet wouldn't be as liable or easily gone after as the person making it available for download..

I know from past discussions that OFPEC wouldn't host this kind of thing for those reasons

not a bad idea overall though..  Avon Lady came up with and implemented a system called AMORE that would work something like you've got pictured, but im not too sure it really caught on in the community....  :-\

you can find out about it on her site or the official forums by doing a search for 'AMORE'
:cheers:
« Last Edit: 31 Mar 2004, 22:15:13 by Kaliyuga »