Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: HOOOYEEEEHAAAAAA... the power.. the speed.. the.. um.. server? =)  (Read 6430 times)

Offline hubba

• Members
Well, dunno if you have noticed any difference yet but the new server is up and running. Hence the spontanous filerights problem  aswell ;)

Hope you enjoy it,
/HuBBa

Knut Erik

Hurrah! NEW SERVER!! GREAT  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I can nearly feel the speed  8)

Great work !!  ;)

polat

Hmmmmmm new server. I like it.

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
There definitely is something different about the ole OFPEC  :) She's snappier these days...
Searching through the forums are greatly improved,  for example.

So, about that "server room article"... ;)

How was it setup, what's it like now, experiences running OFPEC over the years, problems and their solution. Add some nudies of the hardware, too. And specs, specs and more specs! ;D
« Last Edit: 14 Sep 2003, 12:57:35 by Killswitch »

Offline hubba

• Members
Awww.. and i thought you wanted nudies of hairy HuBBa =)

I'm going to get you a proper "behind the OFPEC server" article when im 100% done with all tweaking on the server.

So be patient.. you will get all the nice juicy details soon :)

Offline Killswitch

• Members
  • Peace, cheese and ArmA
Awww.. and i thought you wanted nudies of hairy HuBBa =)
*cough* Nah, I'll manage. ;) However, that might be another revenue stream  - "OFPEC XXX. See the admins bare it all". I can't guarantee you'll make a lot of money off it, though... ;D

I'm going to get you a proper "behind the OFPEC server" article when im 100% done with all tweaking on the server.

So be patient.. you will get all the nice juicy details soon :)
Sweet!

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
No more Turbo Button? Yay! ;D

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
I'm thinking the Turbo button is on the backup server now.

Good job HuBBa, you're a good biatch  ;D

* Artak takes a short boat trip to sweden and smacks a wet kiss on HuBBa's cheak
Not all is lost.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Hey, why don't you stop by my house too? Maybe Tomb's as well? It's on the way. Could be great fun. ;D

Knut Erik

Christ! The new server IS really fast ..  :P

While downloading an addon, I got 350Kb/s

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
While downloading an addon, I got 350Kb/s
While others got probably 10kbps because the bandwidth throttle isn't installed   ::)  ;)
Not all is lost.

Offline hubba

• Members
Not if he was alone with 350 kb/s =)

it's a 10 mbit connection so if you got 350 kb/s, we had some to spare =) Now if you have 400 simultaneous users, and say 200 of those are downloading, then we have a problem =)

But im working on the throttle issue. Its not a urgent problem however since the server seems to be coping pretty well with the current load for now.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
    • OFP Team Finlanders
10 mb connection  :o :o :D ;D ;D :-*
Not all is lost.

Steel

The OFPEC Forum seems to be running awfully slow compared to the website.  It might be a problem with the mySQL database that this forum is running on.  Can someone sort this out please since it makes it near impossible to browse the forum, and a short time before I posted this I couldnt even get onto the forums since it threw up a load of code, so I think this could be a database problem.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Steel,

The code issue is dealt with in another thread in this board.

As for the forum speed, you need to provide some details as to when and where you're having issues, rather than just blaming the SQL server outright.

Otherwise, we can't identify load issues and the like to see if it is indeed something we can fix, or whether its just your own connection/PC.

Thanks.
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"