Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Your Favourite Climate?  (Read 3752 times)

Phantom

Your Favourite Climate?
« on: 10 Sep 2003, 05:39:30 »
G'day all.
I was wondering what everyone's favourite climate for missions is. Jungle, Desert, Forrest, Snow, and why?

Personally, I love the look of the desert and the jungle, but it's the desert is so sparse that it doesn't offer enough cover, and the jungle's are so bloody dense.

Black Fox

Re:Your Favourite Climate?
« Reply #1 on: 10 Sep 2003, 07:49:10 »
I have recently fallen in love with making night missions in Winter Nogojev. Sneaking quietly through the snow...lining up on a T-80 with my Carl Gustav...the missile flies through the night...explosions...panic and alarms...sweeeeeeeeet!

m21man

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2003, 21:08:30 »
Jungle warfare is really amazing though, especially when your playing a night mission at 1:30 in the morning ;D. People just seem to materialize in front of you. I'm currently making a mission with the SEB Nam Pack with lots of jungle fighting (No, really ::)), and the night section is intense. I love playing the prototype mission: Lots of explosions, radio and action controlled artillery spotting, lots of hidden Vietcommies >:(.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2003, 23:53:39 »
Hmm, I like locations that resemble places like Columbia.  Just like depicting the war against drugs.

Kaliyuga

« Reply #4 on: 11 Sep 2003, 00:41:24 »
 Or as the Everon Cartel  likes to depict it, the war on the war against drugs ;)

My favorite climate for an OFP mission would have to be a toss-up between  Winter/Snow and Urban though.

Snow is just good cause I live in the Desert already, and when it's  September and still nearly 100 degrees outside, its nice to turn down the thermostat and play a nice snow mission...

Plus you have to love the falling snow... the crunch of your footsteps...
and you can even  have the Northern lights in the sky.... how can you beat that...

Urban is a close second though, yeah yeah... i'm not talking neccesarily about fighting inside buildings as we all know the limitations to that.. but just street fighting is fun to me.

:cheers:

BronzeEagle

« Reply #5 on: 13 Sep 2003, 01:19:27 »
I like the jungle best.  There's something very peaceful to me about fog, and fog looks good with the jungle.  Not to mention the interesting noises.

bigdog632

« Reply #6 on: 13 Sep 2003, 02:44:41 »
i like both jungle and desert desert is a challenge because you cant hide and have very little to run to for cover.....so dont miss

m21man

« Reply #7 on: 14 Sep 2003, 01:09:21 »
Well, get ready for jungle fighting, cuz there's two awe-inspiring jungle islands coming out. You've prolly heard of Nagual's, but have u seen the new high-res Ia Drang by ThruYerStErNuM? It's due out on September 17 ;D ;D ;D HOOOAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Here it is:
http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?s=0e8a39469054a1c2d5b101f541f20f44;act=ST;f=54;t=33638;st=0

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
« Reply #8 on: 14 Sep 2003, 13:27:02 »
I like the standard climate. The one BIS has on all islands.

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #9 on: 14 Sep 2003, 13:52:17 »
i like jungle.....
but then again i like woodland best, reminds me of my camping days :D but if its got some urban combat in it (which although ofp isnt best suited for it does the job) i dont really care what climate lol

GodHatesUsAll

« Reply #10 on: 23 Sep 2003, 07:55:49 »
Depends what kind of mission really.

For sniper missions - Lots of vegetation

But, if I'm making a mission, I ALWAYS seem to have it raining, with heaps of fog, early in the morning.

I seem to be fixated with horror/scary atmospheres when making mission. haha  ;D

BronzeEagle

« Reply #11 on: 02 Oct 2003, 01:51:49 »
fog and rain, complete daylight with mist coming up from the ground.

Drozdov

« Reply #12 on: 02 Oct 2003, 21:33:39 »
I like to have missions in the evening or just after sunrise. I like the orange light... very pretty. And I like the default climate... set it to December and there's only about 20 minutes of full daylight  ::) .

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
« Reply #13 on: 03 Oct 2003, 20:12:22 »
my favourite climate is well......the new trinity island ;D
set the time at six pm and set the fog thingy to 6 full ones from the left it looks like a misty morning

m21man

« Reply #14 on: 05 Oct 2003, 21:05:20 »
Tonal! Tonal! Tonal! TOOONNNAAAAAAAAAAL!!!!!!!!!!!