Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Destructive Deserters  (Read 1500 times)

Phantom

Destructive Deserters
« on: 07 Sep 2003, 11:48:41 »
G'day,
It's been a while since I've put one of my own suggestions up in here, hopefully you'll like this one.
It's nothing extravagent, it's a destruction mission, plain and simple. American's are removing all assets from the island of Everon (Winter) and these Navy SEALs are the last ones - I couldn't find a good Navy SEAL addon so I've had to use the BAS Delta's.
It works around the main cove in Everon, starting north east of Regina. You  choose where you want to rappell into, then must secure the town to make sure that they don't try and flank you when you move around the cove.

Wait, I should explain. There are about 5 objectives you have to complete, you can do them in any order. The targets are the town or Regina, a base north of Regina, and a small garrison to the west of that base, then there are a couple more targets around the other side. The idea is that you have to destroy as much as you can before you call in your chopper for extraction. The reason your destroying as much as possible, is that the U.S. has found it better for public support, to have militia from the country killed and not their troops. So they're financing the militia and destroying some shit to make it easier for them.

Your in a 9 strong team of SEALs, usually it's 8, but you decided to bring a long a mate who's a sniper just to give you the edge. Your pretty well outnumbered in some parts, so you have to use your brains to conserve ammo and the like.

What do you think?

max_killer_payne

Re:Destructive Deserters
« Reply #1 on: 07 Sep 2003, 13:27:55 »
Sounds pretty good. Pretty much a basic Seek and Destroy mission, eh? Well give it a go, and who knows? Maybe you'll pull of something spectacular.

Drozdov

« Reply #2 on: 08 Sep 2003, 19:28:00 »
It's a fairly simple idea. You'd need to make the destroying interesting to make it a decent mission. As long as the gameplay makes up for the lack of plot it'll be good.

Homefry31464

« Reply #3 on: 09 Sep 2003, 00:06:55 »
Sounds good.  I think the Covert Rangers do a better job as SEALS though.  

If you don't like additions to the original idea, do not read this the following!:

Okay, your inserted and the helo flies away. You fight and complete your objectives, but something happens to your radio.  You can't call back to the chopper for evac.  What do you do?

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 09 Sep 2003, 02:05:02 »
yeh, i'm using those same blokes. i like your radio idea, i think i'll steal it!

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #5 on: 09 Sep 2003, 13:56:13 »
and this is from the same guy who said that there r no good ideas comin on this board. TUT TUT  ;D

anyway. It an ok idea
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 09 Sep 2003, 15:56:25 »
hey, i said the standards weren't as high!
instead of just telling me whether it's good or bad, can you tell me what's holding it back, what you think could make it better.

Drozdov

« Reply #7 on: 09 Sep 2003, 18:11:50 »
First give us a more detailed explanation of your mission. I don't think you've even told us who you're fighitng! :)

max_killer_payne

« Reply #8 on: 09 Sep 2003, 19:30:59 »
Well it aint gonna b the NUOF (National Union Of Farmers)   :P and their APCs sure as hell arent tractors with shotguns mounted on.  ;D  ;D  :D

Its gonna b the Russians or Resistance

Phantom

« Reply #9 on: 09 Sep 2003, 23:46:53 »
probably resistance, i'm sick of the russians

Drozdov

« Reply #10 on: 10 Sep 2003, 13:30:21 »
If it's the Resistance then it could be the NUOF, as I've said in another thread :) .