Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Burnt Bodies  (Read 2692 times)

Offline KJAM

• Contributing Member
  • Why Me, Whats it For?
    • Nightstalker mod
Re:Burnt Bodies
« Reply #30 on: 02 Sep 2003, 19:29:55 »
Dogma.....probably for starting (or continuing)a flame war or smething liek that, i sorta did that on OFPEC wich i got a harsh warning for (thank god i didnt get banned!)

for the on topic bit :D read my previous post about war not being fun and all that

Drozdov

« Reply #31 on: 02 Sep 2003, 21:32:21 »
I think Flashpoint reaches a nice compromise. It isn't exactly realistic but to say that it's soft is hardly true... I mean, their faces turn to mush and their eyes are blown out. Very nice if you look at them closely. I think it could do with a more detailed damage model though. I mean, getting shot on your left arm doesn't wound your  right arm as well (unless its a magic bullet like the one they apparently pulled from JFK  ::) ). In regards to the screenshot I don't think I'd really need my squad mates telling me what a wheel is. I can just about make that out myself...

Mat Herben

« Reply #32 on: 02 Sep 2003, 23:26:49 »
[offtopic=====I would understand if they kicked me for 2 weeks,K-Jam. for ( u said it ) continuening a flame war, But they banned me forever.. How could I learn from my mistakes then?===offtopic]

Drozdov, its true that OFP isnt a soft game refering to blood and stuff, but that's all, The only gore factor of OFP is like u said, in the face..( which is actually kinda realistic, however, not very realistic when u shoot an beretta in his head and his whole head is open with his eyes blown out,) it however sure could use a system like in Soldier of Fortune II ( of course not 620 different hit zones in the face ;D but at least 2 a 3 maybe?)  And then of course one thing I really think is fake is when u shoot a soldier u see big red balls ( which means the blood) coming off him, I mean..... really? :P , they should make little ( very little ) dust cloudies come off a soldier when u shoot him in his torso or leg/arm area.

VisciousDog

« Reply #33 on: 03 Sep 2003, 03:54:30 »
Virtual wars are better than being in a real one. But to understand the concept of war, it is best to be in Virtual one, and only there. Burnt bodies can help understand, that war is not nice at all. If no one likes the graphics, well their is always the Option Menu (can add) which is the greatest thing to add in Ofp and Res, And then none of that will be shown. Burnt Bodies happen in many scenarios, and not only by Nukes. Also when the shells from a M1A1 machine gun, can explode upon impact.

« Last Edit: 03 Sep 2003, 03:54:51 by VisciousDog »

bigdog632

« Reply #34 on: 03 Sep 2003, 08:42:25 »
just about every weapon the abrams has leaves a burnt body

the HEAT spews liquid metal and debris into the interior of the tank as does a TOW
or something similar to that

imagine a sabot igniting the ammo in the turret(i wish OFP would show that) though many new modern tanks have blast shielding

i would love to see a addon pack of burnt bodies

men women and kids(not to be crued but kids die in war)