Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Site Links  (Read 1237 times)

Offline rhysduk

• Former Staff
Site Links
« on: 02 Aug 2003, 18:43:07 »
I was wondering - oh hell hear i go again  ;D everyone run for cover Rhysduk is about to suggest another of his CRAZY ideas.

Why not have a part of the site - i know there is a lot of parts to OFPEC allready but surely one more couldnt hurt - could it ?

I was thinking of a part to host all of the fan websites that asre out here...

Its would be big i know but it could help in some crazy way...

What u think ppl ?

Rhys
Reviewed Missions Board: Please Read the User's Guide before posting!

Pride and Joy 1 (HW100-T)

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:Site Links
« Reply #1 on: 02 Aug 2003, 18:58:22 »
I don't know the facts but for some reason I would guess OFPEC doesn't have the money to pay for all that bandwidth.
Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 02 Aug 2003, 19:21:16 »
We don't.    Something like this has been suggested before and there are a variety of problems, of which the money/bandwidth/server space is only one.    It's also contrary to our general policy of regarding the current OFPEC site as "finished".    All the energy and time available for big projects like this are going to be devoted to creating OFPEC 2, which will be ready in time for you've guessed it OFP 2.     So, nice idea rhysduk, but I'm afraid it isn't going to happen.    

We do have an affiliate mod programme though.
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline General Barron

• Former Staff
  • Semper Fi!
« Reply #3 on: 02 Aug 2003, 21:33:32 »
Maybe a better idea would be to simply host links to as many different OFP sites as possible?

Well, guess what? The OFP Directory is just that! Or they are trying to be, at least. I think everybody who has an OFP site should submit it to this site. Check them out here:

http://flashpointdirectory.ofpsas.com/
HANDSIGNALS COMMAND SYSTEM-- A realistic squad-control modification for OFP
kexp.org-- The best radio station in the world, right here at home! Listen to John Richards!