Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Problem loading game  (Read 1525 times)

Gooner861

Problem loading game
« on: 21 Jul 2003, 16:53:01 »
I have a problem loading the game. Once clicking play this comes up "Cannot memory-map file 'RES\addons\o.pbo". What the heck is worng it worked about half an hour earlier.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Problem loading game
« Reply #1 on: 21 Jul 2003, 21:24:00 »
This really is Off Topic but WTF: I get that sometimes too, it works if you restart yer comp, if that don't work either than reinstalling the game will do the trick. Just don't forget to save yer addons and missions first!

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #2 on: 21 Jul 2003, 21:54:05 »
let me guess tho... did you place a new addon in your ofp folder in that 30 mins?

this error message is because you have too many addons in your addons folders collective... and the game can't load all of them as it cant cope because the memory it has (the memory your pc gives the game to use) isnt enuff to run the game AND load all the addons.... just delete a few - im sure you dont use all of them  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Gooner861

« Reply #3 on: 21 Jul 2003, 21:55:15 »
Its ok now, stupid computer.

Thanks anyway.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #4 on: 21 Jul 2003, 23:15:17 »
I'd say 99% of times it's because you have too many/ too large addons. you simply run out of menory due to the fact that ofp loads all addons in menory when starting up  ::)
Not all is lost.

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 22 Jul 2003, 00:20:43 »
let me guess tho... did you place a new addon in your ofp folder in that 30 mins?

this error message is because you have too many addons in your addons folders collective... and the game can't load all of them as it cant cope because the memory it has (the memory your pc gives the game to use) isnt enuff to run the game AND load all the addons.... just delete a few - im sure you dont use all of them  ;)

ummmm.....
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline Sui

• Former Staff
    • OFPEC
« Reply #6 on: 22 Jul 2003, 00:42:04 »
Sorry fullas... We don't do tech support ;)

If you're after a fix for your problem, I suggest you check out the Official Forums, or even The Avon Lady's OFP site (specifically here ;)

# Topic Locked