Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN  (Read 10186 times)

m21man

Re:NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN
« Reply #60 on: 27 Jul 2003, 02:20:14 »
Yeah, try to make your training missions cool. For instance, have a CQB training course where, within a certain time, you have to move in and neutralize the targets inside a mockup of a Somali building. You could have red targets for hostiles and blue for friendlies, and if you shoot a friendly, you fail. This would be really different, but you could only do it alone because OFP soldiers can't fight CQB for sh*t.
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2003, 02:20:55 by m21man »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #61 on: 27 Jul 2003, 12:23:52 »
LTGrizzly one thing. Can you stop writing that at the end of your posts?

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

Its getting annoying. Im sure im not the only one who feels this way. I dont mean to b rude, but we get the picture. We now know that this is going to be a complex campaign on a military operation in somalia and not one of those crappy BHD missions. We can see it, you dont need to post it after every one of your posts.

Phantom

« Reply #62 on: 27 Jul 2003, 15:37:14 »
Your not. I've already voiced my opinion on it a couple of times. You only needed to put it in once. Repeatedly drilling it into us is not only pointless, but annoying.

LTGrizzly

Re:Trainning Mission
« Reply #63 on: 27 Jul 2003, 21:24:44 »
Well for the trainning mission I was always planning to create a "kill house" / Urban trainnig area the only reason i dint post was because It was going to be Unique but since the cat out of the bag let me tell you who it goes and you can post your opion

First Base goes on allert You then board Chopper (either Lil bird or Blkhwk depens on what unit i decide u should be for the trainning then move to the beach south of the trainning range and obstacle coure and you will be at the kill house/Urban trainning area this will help in group movents and i will write some unique scripts here
second you will have to PT yourself in formaion back toward the Obstacle course  then to Rifle range you then board up and go for a ride and go RTB (there will be a little bit more stuff i.e. repalling driving/mounted fire trainn ect)

SO WHAT DO YOU THINK!? GOOD OR WILL IT BE BORING???

I keep puting that to remind you it wont suck!!!!!!!

BUT I WILL STOP CAUSE I RESPECT YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINONS  ;)
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2003, 21:26:17 by LTGrizzly »

LTGrizzly

« Reply #64 on: 27 Jul 2003, 21:29:37 »
OH one more thing I finish my reaserch and found out that the Embassy was Evaced but it happen almost 2 years before Operation Restore hoped when Under Way still dont know if i will add it ???

Evac January 2-11, 1991 Evac of Embassy (Operation Eastern Exit)
December 9, 1992 Marines Land at Mog (Operation Restore Hope)

What do you think i should do?
(I would like to create a entire campaign on military operations in Somolia)
« Last Edit: 27 Jul 2003, 21:32:15 by LTGrizzly »

Phantom

« Reply #65 on: 28 Jul 2003, 15:27:41 »
if your respect our thoughts and opinions, you could've done it the first time. and reminding us it won't be crappy is pointless, as i've said before, make it and let us judge for ourselves, instead of ramming it down our throats.

Offline Black_Feather

• Former Staff
  • I'll never forget you Daisey.
« Reply #66 on: 30 Jul 2003, 00:58:11 »
Please don't drag the thread off topic about this Phantom,

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

LTGrizzly you could put that in your sig if you want and save on typing  ;)

LTGrizzly

Progress
« Reply #67 on: 31 Jul 2003, 05:22:20 »
Tnx Black Feather for the Support you must know the meaning of freedom of speech  ;D    hehe
Here is an update of my teams progress
we are curently 10% done Over all
Research 100% done
Mission Planing 15%
Mission Making 0%
Map planning 50%
Map Work 0%
Addons 0 % (not including ready made one we plan to use)
Collection of sounds 50%
In the Game your charector will be a;
Sgt in the 15th MEU
A Capt from the HMM161 and HMLA-369  
Sgt. with the Rangers
CWO with SOAR
(pending) Delta
(pending) Seal
(pending) 10th Mt
This is Historically correct :) not ur basic put togheter stuff

Captain Winters

Re:HAHA
« Reply #68 on: 31 Jul 2003, 05:31:34 »
Not to be overly annoying, but what's the fun of OFP if you're not fighting? Besides, huge APC columns + city environment = APCs crashing around like drunks.

it's a technique i use ALOT! it's too engross the player into his surroundings, make him feel like hes ther  :)

Tanks! 8)

hooahman

« Reply #69 on: 31 Jul 2003, 05:33:15 »
Guys let me say just one thing.  I am the leader of LtGrizz's mod and you wouldnt believe the amount of work he has put into this.  He has spent hours upon hours researching for this campaign.  Believe him when he says that it will be realistic.  He won't allow anything other lol  ;D.  Just wanted to say this  :).    

Captain Winters

« Reply #70 on: 31 Jul 2003, 05:35:03 »
btw man! sounds like its gona be a fun campign! i'll back you up man! ned any help IM me :)

Tanks! 8)

Homefry31464

« Reply #71 on: 02 Aug 2003, 03:09:42 »
Wow, this sounds awesome.  Not sure if anyone here has played BHD from Novalogic, I realise it isn't realsitic, but there are plenty of missions you can get ideas from.  I suppose some of them were based upon fact.

LTGrizzly

« Reply #72 on: 02 Aug 2003, 08:00:37 »
Like we Keep saying this campaign will feature Authentic Mission We currentl have 2 people reaserching myseld and SlyRedFox I am reasearching USMC and Navy and SlyRedFox is reasearching Army Airforce :) take a look at our site for more info on reasearch

hooahman

« Reply #73 on: 02 Aug 2003, 10:00:04 »
Homefry, I have DFBHD and we will probably use some ideas from their mission in ours.  (fun game isnt it)

LTGrizzly

UPDATE
« Reply #74 on: 09 Aug 2003, 05:07:01 »
Here is an update of our Project I may post this in a new Topic soon. Ok we are curently  12% done Over all
Research 100% done
Mission Planing 45%
Mission Making 0%
Map planning 60%
Map Work 0%
Addons 0 % (not including ready made one we plan to use)
Collection of sounds 50%
Please note that Hooah Pros is not a MOD, We are a Production Team with very talented scripters and Mission Makers, we are currently growing stronger with more people joing our team. We are planning Realistic and Historical Missions for the gammer to enjoy and perhaps understand the life that a combatan endures.