Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN  (Read 10207 times)

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
Re:NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN
« Reply #30 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:18:37 »
Well Pablo let me tell you bro, In combat the first thing they teach you to do when engaging the enemy is get low and find cover, while provideing cover fire for comrades as they do the same for you its 1.2.3. cover fire 1.2.3. fire you never stand up. unless your clear (behind object) its no wonder you keep dieing!

lol you still don't understand, i'm not talking about the ai being too hard, or me having too little health.  i was saying that the ai sucks in street fights, and if you are leading a group of ai soldiers, your ai teammates will die really fast, because they don't look for cover.

if u realy put da skil 2 reflect da rank (private gets bout 0) den he can shot 2 save his life - i know dey 1ce shot @ me bout 10 times (alwayz mising) til i found em nd killed em (on low skil)

i'm not talking about the way it should be, i'm talking about the way it is; even on BIS missions that happens to me.

LTGrizzly

« Reply #31 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:34:50 »
 :o OHHHH OK I see....

Well usaly when im leading in urban  against AI the first thing i do is duck down behind some thing and go to map view and manualy move my troops to cover  in groups, do this by assigning color teams to 2-3 man teams, while keeping a machine gunner laying cover fire (even though he will engage at burst fire) once i asign the locations to the squad i whould then engage the enemy my self while the squad and I are either flanking or retreating farther (here is were the 1.2.3 fire comes into play[rember to crawl or skull around dont stand unless your clear]) .  usaly the enemy ai will look for cover and i will suffer very little casualties maybe 2 troops while inflicting major losses for them.

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
« Reply #32 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:39:12 »
that takes too much time :P

LTGrizzly

« Reply #33 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:58:09 »
NAH you assign the teams right when mission loads and it take 4 secs max to do

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

LTGrizzly

« Reply #34 on: 23 Jul 2003, 06:13:57 »
Hey good news i just teamed up with
Hooah! Productions
http://hooahpros.tacticalblunder.com
to create the campaign

Phantom

« Reply #35 on: 23 Jul 2003, 11:12:41 »
stop PUTTING THAT ANOOYING RED TEXT in PLEASE!!!

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
« Reply #36 on: 23 Jul 2003, 21:18:48 »
good luck, you will need it with such lofty goals
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2003, 21:20:35 by pablo_m123 »

max_killer_payne

« Reply #37 on: 23 Jul 2003, 21:37:18 »
Yeah. I agree. I mean LTGrizzly what your trying to pull off will be good but is gonna be extremely hard to accomplish if you do manage to pull it off, it will obvious that there is a gaming god out there . . . . . .

LTGrizzly

« Reply #38 on: 24 Jul 2003, 23:47:36 »
Well let the trumpets play cause IT WILL BE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Right now I have completed 90% of the  Reaserch and the Missions will be as Follows.. the ? means i need more reserch or intel/input fro team members
REMBER TO VISIT OUR SITE and FOURM!!!
http://hooahpros.tacticalblunder.com
INTRO to OPERATION RESTORE HOPE
1.   Beach landing
2.   Secure North perimeter Airfield
3.   Convoy Assistance
4.   Embassy Perimeter Secure??
5.   Embassy Evac????
6.   Food Disturbance ???
7.   SEAL MISSION???
INTRO TO OPERATION CONTINUE HOPE
1.   Training
2.   Intel Gathering
3.   Capture Lt.
4.   Practice for Irene
5.   Battle of Mog Part 1
6.   Part 2 First BHD
7.   Part 2 Second BHD
8.   Part 3 Ranger Pinned
9.   The Mog MILE
10.   Lost Convey??
11.   Sniper to the Rescue???

There will be some more probably

^I PUT THIS BECAUSE ITS TRUE^

m21man

« Reply #39 on: 25 Jul 2003, 04:44:14 »
How do you plan to do the Mog MILE mission? The AI, even on Rookie or Recruit, is way too accurate for any member of the Task Force to survive if he's not in a vehicle. Unless you come up with a "qat" script that makes the Somalis shoot like druggies, then it'll be bye-bye to Task Force Ranger.

m21man

« Reply #40 on: 25 Jul 2003, 04:48:58 »
Oh, and this is off-topic, and I hope I don't piss anyone off :-\, but has anyone thought of doing a campaign as a Somalian militiaman? It'd be very different, and very hard, cuz your men couldn't shoot accurately if their lives depended on it, and they'd all be really slow. You'd also be facing elite troops who could accurately pop you at a distance. Oh yeah, and your weapons would suck too, so you could fight rival militiamen to accumulate a better weapons pool. With the amount of inter-tribal warfare in Mogadishu, you'd actually spend most of your time fighting rival militia bands. In fact, fighting the Americans could be made an option for those who wish to essentially commit suicide by fighting a vastly more deadly force.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2003, 04:52:44 by m21man »

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
« Reply #41 on: 25 Jul 2003, 07:04:58 »
It'd be very different, and very hard, cuz your men couldn't shoot accurately if their lives depended on it, and they'd all be really slow. You'd also be facing elite troops who could accurately pop you at a distance.

lol you just described every official ofp mission (and most of the unofficial ones)

Phantom

« Reply #42 on: 25 Jul 2003, 17:10:37 »
LTGrizzly, I don't care if it's true. It gets extremely annoying seeing it over and over again in big glowing red letters!

What's with all the question marks, are you asking should i put this artificial mission in, or are you asking if it happened.
There was no practice for Irene, I don't know where the hell you got that idea from. Maybe that's in the last 10% of the research you haven't done yet.

As for the mogadishu mile, not only would it be very boring, but shooting isn't a problem. Because they ran out, they didn't get chased the whole bloody way. They let them leave.

Also, I think that the training, which i'm assuming was the range work you see in the movie, would be a tad un-nessesary. What purpose would it serve?

Oh, and again, and lastly, you saying that it's not another one of those crappy BHD missions, is not only insulting to anyone who's made one, which you probably haven't played.  It also makes you look a tad up-yourself. Let us judge what it's like when it's finished. It's not a crappy mission, because it's a campaign, that's a given. And it's not lookin all that complex.
Anyway, it's your rep.

m21man

« Reply #43 on: 25 Jul 2003, 20:50:34 »
lol you just described every official ofp mission (and most of the unofficial ones)

Yeah, but imagine how much harder it gets when your men have terrible experience. Try creating a group of elite BAS Deltas, and turn them loose on a bunch of hostile civvies with AKs, and set the experience of every civvy on 0. Now stand back and watch the fireworks.
« Last Edit: 25 Jul 2003, 20:51:18 by m21man »

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
« Reply #44 on: 25 Jul 2003, 21:02:14 »
Yeah, but imagine how much harder it gets when your men have terrible experience. Try creating a group of elite BAS Deltas, and turn them loose on a bunch of hostile civvies with AKs, and set the experience of every civvy on 0. Now stand back and watch the fireworks.

i think most people have a hard enough time keeping their men alive already