Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN  (Read 10201 times)

Phantom

Re:NEED HELP WITH CAMPAIGN
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jul 2003, 11:04:39 »
CQB does NOT have to be indoors!!! This is to Pablo and anyone else that says CQB can't be done. Fighting in buildings isn't worth the effort unless it's DM or somethin. but go into some of the towns and they're a good size for street fighting/CQB/CQC.

it's entirely possible to make area's feel smaller because of sounds, if it's possible, have people on the roof's lying down and firing bullets that do no damage, and have people run across big long streets!

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jul 2003, 16:01:27 »
i didn't say cqb can't be done in some shape or form, i said:

"2: real cqb is pretty much impossible"

i don't consider street fighting cqb, i consider it urban warfare; while we are on the topic, though, i will point to point number uno:

"1: people in ofp die too fast"

they die even faster in street fighting, and as any true ofp leader will tell you, the best way to clear a town is to camp outside the town and gun down anything that moves inside it.  thus, true street fighting in ofp is also very hard (if you are leading a squad like in bhd)

LTGrizzly

FROM LT
« Reply #17 on: 22 Jul 2003, 20:44:45 »
Well phantom your partially wrong, the definition of Close Quarters Battle {CQB} relates to combat indoors to secure an objective thus making it harder or impossible in OFP because you can not place units in deferent positions or on a second floor or sniping position on the roof (I'm pretty sure if it can not be done and if you know how please do tell)

Know as for Street to street fighting there will be a lot of that, I will post at a later date on the missions to the campaign once I finish my research on skirmish and other duties of soldiers  involved with operation Restore/Continue Hope

P.S. IF YOU DIE TO FAST IN OFP ITS ON YOU!!!! CAUSE OFP IS COMPLEX REALISTIC SIM IN OTHER WORDS IF YOUR IN ACTUAL COMBAT YOU WONT MAKE IT!!!!!!!

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

max_killer_payne

« Reply #18 on: 22 Jul 2003, 21:51:45 »
P.S. IF YOU DIE TO FAST IN OFP ITS ON YOU!!!! CAUSE OFP IS COMPLEX REALISTIC SIM IN OTHER WORDS IF YOUR IN ACTUAL COMBAT YOU WONT MAKE IT!!!!!!!

So you really reckon a soldier could get a head shot on you
with an AK47 from 300 yards??

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #19 on: 22 Jul 2003, 21:55:12 »

actualy yes :P

w/ bit of luck nd if he is v good shot ? it can b posible :P

LCD OUT
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

max_killer_payne

« Reply #20 on: 22 Jul 2003, 21:57:22 »
well, generally in most missions the enemy skill level will be in the middle, so I really doubt they could hit them. I can't remember if the mod is still up, I know its out for Ghost Recon though, they made all the weapons again to real life stats and they couldnt hit one of those targets at 200m with an AK47

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #21 on: 22 Jul 2003, 22:03:02 »
they made all the weapons again to real life stats and they couldnt hit one of those targets at 200m with an AK47

so its da game engine prob dat take it all 2 much :P

after all if da AK47 cudnt hit from 200 M how comes it was used wen da U.S loose in vietnam (nd dey did hit i think ::)) nd dey stil used in wars now nd somtimes in v efective way

LCD OUT

max_killer_payne

« Reply #22 on: 22 Jul 2003, 22:19:43 »
How many more times are you gonna prove me wrong tonite  ;D ?

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #23 on: 22 Jul 2003, 22:28:48 »
as long as u say wrong things ;) :P

btw da AK47 is not as bad as u r (da most of u) lead 2 belive ;)

it got som things beter dan da M16 ;) - like higher rate of fire, it can b used longer time w/o cleanin (wat make it so good 4 guerila) nd som oder things ;)

LCD OUT

Kaliyuga

« Reply #24 on: 22 Jul 2003, 22:41:38 »

According to the Kalashnikov  website the maximum killing range of an AK-47 happens to be 1500m

so I wouldn't think 300 would be too tough of a shot for a skilled shot

LTGrizzly

« Reply #25 on: 22 Jul 2003, 23:34:32 »
Ok as for the AK at 300 yrds it tottaly possible in real life seen it done. as for me I have got head and chest shots with M4 at 200+ yrds (im trainning to be a cop) as well in the mil you need to qualify with M16 at 100, 200 250 yrds with a M-16 so there you go.
In the game i will ajust most of the enemy skill level to novince cause most somolians werent regulars

THIS WILL NOT BE ONE OF THOSE CRAPPY BHD MISSIONS BUT A COMPLEX CAMPAIGN ON MILITARY OPERATION IN SOMALIA

Offline .pablo.

• Former Staff
  • When in doubt, empty the magazine.
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jul 2003, 01:18:19 »

i wasn't talking about the amount of health people have, i was talking about the ai.

actualy yes

w/ bit of luck nd if he is v good shot ? it can b posible

his point was that in ofp you quite often get shot from 200+ yards by a regular infantryman's 1st - 3rd shot while you are running perpendicular to him at full speed.  that has nothing to do with what's "possible"
« Last Edit: 23 Jul 2003, 01:20:49 by pablo_m123 »

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jul 2003, 01:50:40 »
rofl

his point was that in ofp you quite often get shot from 200+ yards by a regular infantryman's 1st - 3rd shot while you are running perpendicular to him at full speed.  that has nothing to do with what's "possible"

den his point was wrong ::) i know i (nd im sure som of da oder good mision makers) tend 2 put our AIs on da top skils 2 make misions harder - if u realy put da skil 2 reflect da rank (private gets bout 0) den he can shot 2 save his life - i know dey 1ce shot @ me bout 10 times (alwayz mising) til i found em nd killed em (on low skil)

LCD OUT

LTGrizzly

FROM LT
« Reply #28 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:00:55 »
Well Pablo let me tell you bro, In combat the first thing they teach you to do when engaging the enemy is get low and find cover, while provideing cover fire for comrades as they do the same for you its 1.2.3. cover fire 1.2.3. fire you never stand up. unless your clear (behind object) its no wonder you keep dieing! ;D
anyways my progress for today is .5% done :'(
all i have are the maps drawn out for the main assault of Nov 3, 1993 a collection of actual radio transmisions of that day and addons i want to use, as well as what will be an actual brief notes (i.e. ROE, POB, Objectives, Intel, Weps, CoC, AoA, and glossery[for example these terms] ect.)

LTGrizzly

I ment OCT
« Reply #29 on: 23 Jul 2003, 02:07:44 »
WRONG DATE 3-4 October 1993  Operation Continue Hope  :gunman: