Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: undocumented SAVE / END MISSION feature?  (Read 1356 times)

M.Hofbauer

undocumented SAVE / END MISSION feature?
« on: 17 Jul 2003, 16:46:37 »
Hello,

not sure if this is the right board but I am very confused around here.

I read in some campaign review or briefing here on OFPEC that there is a secret key combination that lets you save the game as often as you like (as opposed to the in-game save feature which allows only one save), and that there is also an END MISSION key combination that lets you end the mission in a campaign at will so you can continue.

I would appreciate any help / information you could give me, I would have to DL all custom mission zips again to see where that info was.

Thank you very much !

sincerely,

M.Hofbauer

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
Re:undocumented SAVE / END MISSION feature?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2003, 17:25:19 »
This may be off topic since it's not really an editing question, but if it's something you originally found here .......... anyway, if you search Google on Operation Flashpoint cheat I'm sure you'll find what you want.  ;)

« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2003, 17:26:33 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

M.Hofbauer

« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2003, 20:16:36 »
This may be off topic since it's not really an editing question, but if it's something you originally found here .......... anyway, if you search Google on Operation Flashpoint cheat I'm sure you'll find what you want.  ;)

Is this considered a *cheat*? I am not talking about an external program / applet, but an integral part ofthe game (albeit undocumented).

No offense taken, but  thought I'ld clarify. I'm not into cheating, never did with all my computer games since the C-64, and I played both the original game campaign (and the RedHammer add-on) in VET mode without using any cheats or playing aids / guides. I know my way around the game sufficiently. And the single-save feature together with the updated retry-position is sufficient for me.

But currently I am playing a custom-made mission that seems buggy, and I hate to play through the whole first part of the mission to have several attempts at checking out whether there is a bug at the end that keeps it from being successfully completed.

I thought the updated SAVE would be a nice feature for such instances in buggy custom missions which also lack a respective update to the retry position.

Just to explain my inquiry.

Thanks.

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2003, 20:39:50 »
I'm not into cheating, never did with all my computer games since the C-64, and I played both the original game campaign (and the RedHammer add-on) in VET mode without using any cheats or playing aids / guides.
that's my boy  :-*

With my long journey with OFP I haven't heard of any 'secret key combinations' or anything like that.

However, and bringing the editing side to this, there is a way to save the 'retry position' as many times as you like.
If you're editing a mission, place a trigger with activation as radio alpha (or bravo or so on..) on the map and tick the box that says 'repeatedly'. Then type 'savegame' to the 'on activation box' and voilá; now you're able to save the game anytime anywhere by simply making the radio call.

If you want to add this feature to a ready-made mission or the original ones, you first have to unpbo the mission and then do the job.
Not all is lost.

M.Hofbauer

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2003, 22:47:24 »
that's my boy  :-*

With my long journey with OFP I haven't heard of any 'secret key combinations' or anything like that.

However, and bringing the editing side to this, there is a way to save the 'retry position' as many times as you like.
If you're editing a mission, place a trigger with activation as radio alpha (or bravo or so on..) on the map and tick the box that says 'repeatedly'. Then type 'savegame' to the 'on activation box' and voilá; now you're able to save the game anytime anywhere by simply making the radio call.

If you want to add this feature to a ready-made mission or the original ones, you first have to unpbo the mission and then do the job.

thanks for the help, but I am afraid I am too dumb to do my own custom missions. The mission I am having trouble with is not my own, but a DLed one from this site.

but in the meantime I found the custom campaign that I was referring to in my original post, and therefore now I know the keys for OpFp in-game save.

I am not sure about this board's policy toward undocumented features (esp. since the first answer implied it might be considered a cheat) so I am not posting it here, but if anyone is interested feel free to email me at

hofbauer@gmx.li

it works!

thanks again,

M.Hofbauer
« Last Edit: 17 Jul 2003, 22:54:41 by M.Hofbauer »

asmodeus

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2003, 23:19:37 »
Hey there!

Glad you found your answer!

If you want to learn about more hidden options in OFP (or "cheats") you can go to:

http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

And type "cheat" in the search box.  The Avon Lady has a lot of helpful info on that site.   ;)

Asmo