Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: REQ: sort missions depot per island (nogova, trinity, ...)  (Read 1177 times)

junkie-xL

hey snypir, ktotte, kuro and others behind the screens of ofpec

would it be possible to add this little option? It's hard to find quality missions for some lesser known, but nevertheless qualitative islands around. Terrain choice is one of those criteria that adds a lot to the gameplay. In view of the recent visitor release (and the imminent release of the BAS island) I think it would be interesting to know what island the mission is on before you download.

It's not that much work I think, you could add a SQL query with %LIKE% on the zip files to find out whether it's .noe, .abel or ...

Or am I the only one wishing for this?

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
Re:REQ: sort missions depot per island (nogova, trinity, ...)
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2003, 17:52:11 »
There was talks about this and a whole bunch of other search options for the missions depot a while ago. The missions depot, as well as all the depots, went through an overhaul, where there were a great many things to fix and improve.

Your suggestion, I'm sure, will be fullfilled in some point, not just sure when. We'll have to wait for snYpir to get back from his well earned hiliday to hear from his point of view.
Not all is lost.

Offline macguba

• Former Staff
    • macguba's operation flashpoint page
« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2003, 18:25:50 »
Everybody agrees that it would be nice to be able to sort by island.    Part of the trouble is that there are loads of other things it would be nice to sort by too and finding the resources to make it happen is hard.   It's a question of priorities.

Artak is right, it all depends on snYpir and it is possible that this will happen.    However, the general policy now is that this site is "finished" and behind-the-scene resources will be focussed on creating OFPEC 2, the site which will be ready for OFP2 when it comes.     This new site will hopefully incorporate all the things (like searching by island) that we wish we had already.

We are already looking for people to help with coding and designing the new site.   If you'd like to be part of the team please apply here.    There is a "Join our team" link on the Homepage and other pages, in the left hand menu column.

PS - if you read the mission review it often tells you anyway.
« Last Edit: 16 Jul 2003, 18:26:49 by macguba »
Plenty of reviewed ArmA missions for you to play

Offline Sefe

• OFPEC Patron
  • Former Staff
« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2003, 02:05:32 »
If  the mission plays on an addon island that is hosted on the addons depot, you will find a list of all missions that use this addon (in this case that play on the island).