Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Soviet Navy  (Read 850 times)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
Soviet Navy
« on: 12 Jul 2003, 08:49:22 »
Has anyone made any add-ons that give the Soviets a navy actually worth using? What they have now is just terrible. I've found several American naval add-ons, but nothing for the Soviets. The Mark II PBR is already superior to the "Boat", but then when you throw in add-ons like the ACH_AssaultShip, it's just not even fair. One ACH could probably take out 20 "Boats" without even being scratched. That's not very fun when trying to create a large naval battle or something (which I am trying to do, but it's hard when the Soviets have such an inferior navy!!).
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2003, 08:49:36 by ZeekLTK »

Coporal_Punishment

Re:Soviet Navy
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2003, 12:23:46 »
In my oponion the soviet navy has a great amount of firepower in OFP

they have the pack fast attack ship and a marige patrol boat.

this is the fast attack patrol boat (its awsome against all land and sea units)
http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=3836

http://members.cox.net/johnnylump/OFPLinks.html#USSR
and look here for the "Mirage Patrol Boat" (its great for anti air with its assault cannon)

with these to ships you can hual ass, happy hunting

asmodeus

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 13:57:14 »
Hey Zeek!

I agree, there are some Russian Naval addons out there..

Have a look at our Barracuda Gunboat at the EC website:

http://www.everoncartel.com

(Go to the downloads section)

On the same page you'll see some news about the Russian Kilo class Submarine that we're working on also.   ;)

Asmo  

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: 14 Jul 2003, 20:25:34 »
The Barracuda Gunboat says I need to have version 1.85 or something, I only have 1.46!

And I did download the mirage thing... but I can't find where it is. I looked in all the East subcatagories and didn't see anything new. It didn't come with a README or anything... just the .pbo file. :/

asmodeus

« Reply #4 on: 15 Jul 2003, 00:07:38 »
ohhh

Man, with 1.46 you'll be missing out on most of the new addons..  So even if someone does make new Russian Navy stuff, chances are that it will require at least Resistance...   :-\  (like our Submarine)

Asmo

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 15 Jul 2003, 01:03:10 »
i guy called UCE made some russian navy units - check out the addons depot here... very very pre resistance and O2, but still worth a look
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: 15 Jul 2003, 19:08:37 »
I got the fast attack ship to work, man that thing is good, almost too good. Three of them destroyed a fleet of 6 ACH_Assaultships fairly easily! Now I might need some new American ships to counter these things.  :P
« Last Edit: 15 Jul 2003, 19:08:53 by ZeekLTK »