Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: The Hunt  (Read 3034 times)

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
The Hunt
« on: 12 Jul 2003, 09:01:29 »
This is pretty simple, but it might be fun.

Pick a forest on one of the islands and put the player and ONE enemy soldier inside it. Give the enemy (and maybe the player) random spawn points and then give the enemy random waypoints so that you have no clue where he will be. Then you have to "hunt" him down and kill him before he does the same to you! There would need to be something that makes sure the player stays in the forest though. Some kind of trigger that kills you if you try to escape. To make it even more interesting, have it be sniper vs sniper! It might not be the hardest or most complex mission ever, but man would it be intense. :D
« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2003, 09:03:54 by ZeekLTK »

Phantom

Re:The Hunt
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jul 2003, 10:28:39 »
i dunno, i think it would just get really really annoying very quickly. just make it your a POW that's escaped from a compound in an air raid, and now you've got to make it to a safe zone, why a whole bunch of enemy try to hunt you down and kill you because you've got knowledge of something secret, or somethin like that. the great thing about ofp is that your not really confined. and being confined in a forrest would destroy that. i also think that luck would be a major factor in your idea, and i think a mission is more interesting when it requires skill

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jul 2003, 10:48:45 »
You could have something similiar to the film Behind Enemy Lines, and you can play from the point of view as that sniper dude whos hunting him down or the actual pilot, u'd need a new island though.

Phantom

« Reply #3 on: 12 Jul 2003, 11:15:29 »
wouldn't kolgujev be good enough?

max_killer_payne

« Reply #4 on: 12 Jul 2003, 12:15:20 »
Yeah I suppose, with all the big hills and forests

Offline Batdog

• Members
  • OFPEC'S only rat. DAMN thats cool.
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jul 2003, 04:34:15 »
I made something wat Max said a long time ago. Not on my comp now. But it had three storys to it. One where you the Sniper chasing the pilot, another you where a pilot running and another where your a SF group sent in to rescue him. It was worked around the same times and it was all cojuncted with each other.
"Why are you calling me brother."- Solid Snake
"I'm you. I'm your Shadow"-Liquid Snake

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 13 Jul 2003, 10:02:12 »
that's nice
was it good?

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: 18 Jul 2003, 07:43:16 »
i dunno, i think it would just get really really annoying very quickly. just make it your a POW that's escaped from a compound in an air raid, and now you've got to make it to a safe zone, why a whole bunch of enemy try to hunt you down and kill you because you've got knowledge of something secret, or somethin like that. the great thing about ofp is that your not really confined. and being confined in a forrest would destroy that. i also think that luck would be a major factor in your idea, and i think a mission is more interesting when it requires skill

Well, you could make up a reason as to why you are confined. The story could be that this guy escaped and ran into the forest. By the time your side caught up with him, he was well hidden in there and the tanks/vehicles couldn't go in there so they surrounded it. There could be helicopters flying over the forest and what not as well as several ground units standing around as well, waiting for him to come out. Your general decides that it is too risky to send an entire platoon in after the guy, so instead he sends one elite soldier to go in and either kill the guy or chase him out. You are that man sent in the find the enemy. It's just you and him, mano-e-mano.

It's pretty much the same, and you'd have to have a ton of extra stuff that's not necessary, but you'll have your story line. :P

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 18 Jul 2003, 08:15:55 »
yeh, i agree, you do get a reason for it to be that way. but personally, it's just not something i'd play because it's just so unbelievable, a platoon is much more likely, because they can do a proper sweep, without this guy having much of a chance to get through the cracks, also, i think it would just be to quick, and luck would be too high a factor, and I prefer to have to use skill, instead of rely on luck. But it seems ZeelLTK likes it, so I'm sure there are others who like that kind of thing, pretty much just a deathmatch

PathFinder

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jul 2003, 01:54:27 »
Its an idea, but you need more of a story line. Why would it be to unsafe to send in a platoon? is the guy hiding in the forest ex SF or from a Secret Service? play around with the ideas a bit more and you could turn into a good mission

Cya PathFinder

max_killer_payne

« Reply #10 on: 19 Jul 2003, 15:18:49 »
Yeah. Perhaps the guy could be a wanted war criminal or something like that. Or holds secret documents that could badly damage international relations.

Phantom

« Reply #11 on: 19 Jul 2003, 16:28:01 »
perfect, say he's wanted alive for info.
and that you need one person to go in, because they're the top assaulter of the people out there, and one person means, less bullets hitting him

max_killer_payne

« Reply #12 on: 19 Jul 2003, 21:54:56 »
Yeah and that sending in a platoon after him could spark an arguement at the UN or somethin

Phantom

« Reply #13 on: 19 Jul 2003, 22:14:12 »
what's that for?

max_killer_payne

« Reply #14 on: 19 Jul 2003, 22:28:13 »
Well ermm  ;D  the ting with that is errm. Wow wud u look at the time :wave: I got 2 go cya :gunman: (straight into Phantoms body while he's still typing)

Claps hands!