Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Prisoners of war  (Read 1611 times)

Gooner861

Prisoners of war
« on: 16 Jul 2003, 20:52:59 »
What wud u all think of a Prisoner of war mission where u had to attack a prisoner camp and free the prisoners. The Soviets have ignored orders and are beginning to execute the prisoners. You have to go in and stop it.

Offline dmakatra

• Members
  • Better known as Armsty
Re:Prisoners of war
« Reply #1 on: 16 Jul 2003, 21:40:51 »
Not a very revelutional idea and I doubt there isnÂ't one allready out there. But sure. Why not? And why are u pumping out idea after idea? Why donÂ't stick to one mission and get it done!

Phantom

« Reply #2 on: 16 Jul 2003, 21:57:55 »
exactly, i thought i'd made my point on that matter. didn't u just make a post saying what do u think is the best and i'll make this mission, or somethin like that. not off to a good start matey

Gooner861

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:09:41 »
Well SORRY for being so full of ideas but i get wot u mean. I'll shut up for a while.

Phantom

« Reply #4 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:15:01 »
Sorry mate, didn't mean to discourage you. I was just saying that maybe it's better to suggest an idea, then if people say it's good, then make it, after all you've asked them if it would be worth you making it. Because people get annoyed when you just sprout idea after idea but never actually make anything.

Gooner861

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:17:46 »
No u were rite i was just wasting my time wen i shud b sticking with one idea and making it. Im already in the process of making one. :)

Phantom

« Reply #6 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:20:21 »
cool, which one is it?

Gooner861

« Reply #7 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:27:32 »
Its annoying though ive already started to make loads of missions but i seem to always half way through making it think of another better idea. Out of the thousands of ideas i have posted im goin to make an ambush/defend the town mission where ur outnumbered and have to hold the town at all costs.
The idea of wot i want it 2 b like is gud enuff but i have a feeling it will b crap.

Phantom

« Reply #8 on: 17 Jul 2003, 14:30:58 »
dont' worry if your first mission is crap mate, the main thing is just to finish it, then you learn how to do a briefing, de-briefing, mission, how to use triggers, waypoints, and possibly how to manipulate the stringtable.csv and the description.ext files.

Offline ZeekLTK

• Members
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #9 on: 18 Jul 2003, 07:14:24 »
And why are u pumping out idea after idea? Why donÂ't stick to one mission and get it done!

Since when does the guy with the mission idea have to make the mission? I thought the whole point of this part of the forum was for someone to come up with an idea so that other people could see it and if they are interested, make the mission. What is the point of posting an idea if you are the one who is going to make the mission? You might as well save the trouble of typing it all out and just go ahead and make it and then release the beta.

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
« Reply #10 on: 18 Jul 2003, 07:45:27 »
Okay guys,

Obvious where this thread is going to go...

Put simply:
- This board is for OFP-related mission ideas

- The only restriction on posting here is that its a mission idea and that its not deliberately offensive.

Thats it.
If someone wants to just post mission ideas in a genuine spirit of friendliness rather than making them, they're perfectly entitled to do so without being discouraged.

*Locked*
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"