Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: live animals  (Read 1992 times)

hiddenfox

live animals
« on: 06 Sep 2002, 01:19:19 »
im acctuall looking for animals like cows chickens, etc. for missions and stuff. one thing this game REALLY lags is lots of different eye candy to place around.

im currently working on an island that is for the most part entierly farms and farmland. instead of just placinf triggers wow cow noises i would also like to place some cows too.

maybe a few different dogs would be cool too

chrisb1220

Re:live animals
« Reply #1 on: 06 Sep 2002, 02:02:24 »
I don't think there's any animals yet. :-\
A guy said he was trying to make one along time ago, but he couldn't get it to move.

Sorry!

Offline @cero

• Members
  • Yeah! Get some!!
« Reply #2 on: 06 Sep 2002, 02:09:43 »
Have a loock in herehttp://www.ofpec.com/yabbse/index.php?board=12;action=display;threadid=794;start=0
 On the second page I posted something about what you just asking for. ;D
 Is a thing that BIS must be banging theyr heads against the wall for, its incredible that a game so well worked out don't have a bit more of realism in it by adding animals, as it is no one can make moving animals for OFP because its only one tipe of skeleton in OFP, the human, :( and anything ellse would have to be rideable like a car or something like that with need of a rider. The other thing is that you would have to come with a hall lot of new animations, in other words, imposible at list BIS do something about it. :-[
later.
@CERO.
SCREWBY!!!

BlinkDog

« Reply #3 on: 06 Sep 2002, 08:15:20 »
I think the lack of animals during development was due mostly to limited time and processing reasources. They would have had to hire another modeler just to do the animals and the extra burden on the computers (remember they used less powerful comps then). I am finding the game chugs and kicks out often just because I have so many addons (approx 650mb!) for my full version. My clean version which is on a different drive partition and has no addons but the BIS ones runs super smooth.

I think it would add alot to the game. Farms would look more like farms, guard dogs and birds flying overhead would make the game more alive. As for the ftards who would just use the editor to blow up cows, well I think they would be in the minority.

We do have one animal so far the seagull, maybe BIS could add the seagull under the civilian-man section, or under aircraft to it can be added to give some life to the game.

Davy

« Reply #4 on: 07 Sep 2002, 00:27:45 »
i hope biz gets to work an crittres and we some how git a knife animation because i was gona make a survival campaign and need those two things everything els i nead is eather an addon or a script

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #5 on: 07 Sep 2002, 01:56:20 »
i dont wanna burst a buble here - but you really should use the search button

then then you would have found an exact same thread like this, 2 in fact. And in both its been discussed and the conlcusion is, in both...

its impossible at the moment...

we dont have the animation (dang it  :-\ ) and the body skeletons for animals - at most maybe a walking chimp  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

hiddenfox

« Reply #6 on: 07 Sep 2002, 10:00:26 »
search button?
i am not familiar with such functions?

look for things myself? what?!?!

thats not the american way. im just supposed to whine until my demands are met

Offline Messiah

• Honourary OFPEC Patron & Drinking Buddy of Wolfsbane
  • Honoured Contributor
  • OFPEC Veteran
    • Project UK Forces
« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2002, 11:02:22 »
lol - thats the best reply ive ever seen.

lol  ;)
Proud Member of the Volunteer Commando Battalion

CrunchyFrog

« Reply #8 on: 07 Sep 2002, 14:11:51 »
Just make the cows like cars

Get in as driver COW
Get in as cargo COW (You dont wanna know where the "cargo" place is)

And instead of the horn sound, just make a muuuh sound...!

Offline Davies1

• Members
  • Bugger this for a game of soldiers!
« Reply #9 on: 07 Sep 2002, 15:10:04 »
well you would go muuh if someone had just walked up your jacksie  8)
Beer is the fuel for the Heavy Metal Engine.

buzzboy762

« Reply #10 on: 07 Sep 2002, 18:24:18 »
It would be so cool if BIS released a patch that added animals in. It would be neat to like be running through the woods and have a bear charge you or something.

ZIKAN

« Reply #11 on: 07 Sep 2002, 18:48:44 »
Some animals would be usefull, like guard dogs that patrol with sentries around high security areas. Or if there were tracker teams with dogs trying to find an escaped prisoner etc.

Waterman

« Reply #12 on: 07 Sep 2002, 18:52:36 »
If you were doing farm animals it would be hard to make the roam randomly...without using waypoints. :P

Waterman.