Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: US Navy Seals in Vietnam war  (Read 5291 times)

eversman

Re:US Navy Seals in Vietnam war
« Reply #15 on: 30 Jun 2003, 23:58:05 »
And - in my opinion - most of the OFP fans will be intrested that cool stuff 8)

PathFinder

« Reply #16 on: 01 Jul 2003, 00:06:22 »
Hey

Wake island just got released and i was thinking you could maybe do it on there, of course with the permission of A.I.A. It would be alot better then doing it on La Drang, Wake island even has long grass which you could stealthily crawl through.

Just a suggestion.

Cya, Pathfinder

bigdog632

« Reply #17 on: 01 Jul 2003, 07:48:18 »
i agree i did a lil recon of not wake, ummm meekong came with it but it looked nice
lotsa places to hide
be fun with a riverboat too

Offline ebud

• Members
  • What me worry?
« Reply #18 on: 01 Jul 2003, 09:20:38 »
If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.
Jack Handey

Offline cornholio

• Members
  • Ever eat a llama?
« Reply #19 on: 02 Jul 2003, 03:44:23 »
And whatever you do men....

Make it as realistic as possable. OFP 1985 never happened.
Thats why people can take a few libertys when making a mission. On the other hand, the Vietnam conflict really happened and a lot of fine men (and women) lost thier life.
(on both sides). We owe it to them to at least get the facts right. So read your books, study the web-sites and (or) ask somebody who's been there  :)

Alot of people in the OPF community have a hard time with the
"realisim-factor" cause (some) say...."Well, If it was real life, we would just bomb the sh*t out of the OBJ and not even send any troops in". Not true at all. Just depends on the situation.

It's just a computer game! I know. Still we should do are best to honour those who gave thier life by at least doing our homework and getting the facts correct.

:cheers:

corno

Check out  "Eye of the Pig"
Mission download: http://www.freewebs.com/dikked/

Black Operative

« Reply #20 on: 02 Jul 2003, 21:02:50 »
That's right, and I think by attaching an account about the facts to every mission in the notes section, based of course on reports of men who have really been there (only!), we achieve this well enough. It is also a goal of mine to give the player at least an imagination of what real SOG work looked like.

bigdog632

« Reply #21 on: 03 Jul 2003, 01:18:07 »
id like to see the skins of SOG soldiers they set their uniforms up diff from the reg soldiers out there

Black Operative

« Reply #22 on: 03 Jul 2003, 18:06:28 »
id like to see the skins of SOG soldiers they set their uniforms up diff from the reg soldiers out there

Yep. In fact, they often wore NVA uniforms despite what the Geneva convention says.

eversman

« Reply #23 on: 03 Jul 2003, 19:39:18 »
 guys can you give me a link to some page about SOG???.

Black Operative

« Reply #24 on: 03 Jul 2003, 20:54:37 »
Well ev', I think this is your destiny:  ;D
http://www.macvsog.org/

bigdog632

« Reply #25 on: 04 Jul 2003, 09:49:36 »
Yep. In fact, they often wore NVA uniforms despite what the Geneva convention says.

well they also went into countries they werent supposed to be in and generally p***ed on the ROE of the time

gotta love not officially being there get to do what ya want...almost

bigdog632

« Reply #26 on: 04 Jul 2003, 09:53:38 »
one thing if ya make the mission make this addon the M1895 45-70 lever action rifle :D

While a lever-action rifle and the .45-70 cartridge are a bit anachronistic for defensive work, they are popular for back woods use when an officer may encounter predators with either 2 or 4 legs. In heavy growth, the long-range capability of modern cartridges is moot, and the big and heavy slugs of the .45-70 will easily trundle through light cover. The legendary SOG recon trooper Jerry ‘Mad Dog' Shriver reportedly experimented with a Marlin lever action in .444 Marlin for ‘bunker busting' in Cambodia.

i belive this guy went MIA or KIA, too bad