Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Not enough american vehicle addons  (Read 5235 times)

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
  • "Down with a bang and that'll be the end"
Re:Not enough american vehicle addons
« Reply #15 on: 22 Jun 2003, 01:37:35 »
Hi again

i think some people misunderstood what im talking about, i mean well im not telling anyone to stop
making there addons and make these Americans addons but the east addons to have a lot off addons in the
making.

i mean look at red hammer studios eg, T54/55, T64, T72, T80, T90.
and for gods sake we only have the M1A1 and the M2A2

sure BAS release the Rangers and Deltas and some excellent choppers but when you think of the recent iraqi war
they didnt go everywhere on choppers, there were on vehicle columns that went for miles and they were mostly HMMWV's
ASV 150's and LAV 150's and 300's
"Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door."

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
« Reply #16 on: 22 Jun 2003, 01:39:29 »
And how do you put pictures on the post like swif88 did because
i have pictures of the vehicles that im tlking about

thanx

bigdog632

« Reply #17 on: 22 Jun 2003, 10:35:19 »
moot point i gues but dont count out the m60 tank ;)

Eviscerator

« Reply #18 on: 22 Jun 2003, 14:10:32 »
Hi again

i think some people misunderstood what im talking about, i mean well im not telling anyone to stop
making there addons and make these Americans addons but the east addons to have a lot off addons in the
making.

i mean look at red hammer studios eg, T54/55, T64, T72, T80, T90.
and for gods sake we only have the M1A1 and the M2A2

sure BAS release the Rangers and Deltas and some excellent choppers but when you think of the recent iraqi war
they didnt go everywhere on choppers, there were on vehicle columns that went for miles and they were mostly HMMWV's
ASV 150's and LAV 150's and 300's

Erm, i doubt they were ASV 150/LAV 150/300's, as the US Military doesnt use them, the marines use the LAV-25 which is probably what you saw in Operation Iraqi Freedom, the army is buying some Stryker IAV's but they werent in the recent war.

swift88

« Reply #19 on: 22 Jun 2003, 23:44:22 »
we need a few more camo scemes for the brit tanks, and needs soem brit APC's
errrrr im building some now, a fv432, warrior, sultan, samaritan, spartan............ and maybe a stormer

bigdog632

« Reply #20 on: 23 Jun 2003, 01:11:06 »
strykers are supposed to come in within the next 2 or 3 years aint they?

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
« Reply #21 on: 23 Jun 2003, 02:40:54 »
Hi again

Ok i might have been wrong in the description of what they used in iraqi freedom but i got most of the modern vehicles out of a tanks and combat vehicles recognition guide

so they used the lav-25 and that proves my point, has anyone made a lav 25 for flashpoint

i mean the american army has all these apc's and recon vehicles but there only really represented in the game by the HMMWV, Jeep, M2A2, M1A1 and the rather ugly looking M113.
Where r all the transport vehicles they used eg in operation restore hope?

flatbed trucks with orange covers on them
Cutvee's (a modified HMMWV)
HMMWV's with mk-19 grenade launchers on them

i honestly belef that the West side has a significant disadvantage with all the modern day vehicles
forget about nam addons
forget about WW2 addons (no disrespect intended to both war veterans)

lets think about the american vehicles that ensure peace 2 day and a promising future for the children of 2morow

deaddog

« Reply #22 on: 23 Jun 2003, 02:59:04 »
lets think about the american vehicles that ensure peace 2 day and a promising future for the children of 2morow

I think we should keep statements like this off this site.  OFPEC is truly an international community and I'm sure many people will disagree with this assessment.   We all have our political views but this is an editing site.  I'd hate to see the OFPEC forums degenerate into what other OFP related sites have become.  Personally, I would like to see any politically oriented material (like signatures) be changed.  Not by mandate but by choice.  Just my opinion.

This is off topic and I apologize.  This is something that's been bugging me for a while.
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2003, 03:00:27 by deaddog »

rancor_man67

« Reply #23 on: 23 Jun 2003, 03:39:53 »
I think we should keep statements like this off this site.  OFPEC is truly an international community and I'm sure many people will disagree with this assessment.  We all have our political views but this is an editing site.  I'd hate to see the OFPEC forums degenerate into what other OFP related sites have become.  Personally, I would like to see any politically oriented material (like signatures) be changed.  Not by mandate but by choice.

I second that.

Ok. Lets get back onto the topic.

I remember that there was a time when people complained about the east units being to weak!

The thing is, most modern countries don't use man power and tanks anymore. Its more airpower and stuff.

I think that the west could do with a few more APCs.

One other thing,

How many people use addons outside the USA for missions?? This isn't bagging any of the mod makers, i am just interested.

Rancor.

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
« Reply #24 on: 23 Jun 2003, 03:55:03 »
Hi again

i apologize for my incredibly right wing statement and it wont happen again

thats a good point raised about most countrys using air power now but the armoured push/spearhead tactics are always needed.

war is a distinct set of modules
Air, Sea and land

when it comes to the ground war the west side is extremely lack luster
the m1a1 gives the americans a huge advantage but the m2a2 doesnt last 5 seconds in a tank fight

this needs to be evened up so that there are a more diverse range of amoured vehicles that can match the russians and apc's that make logistics missions for the west side seem more plausibe.

i happen to like making logistics missions and the combination of trucks and jeeps is incredibly monotonous!!!

this topic has really taken off, and it was only meant to be an idea.

thanx heaps (my apologies to anyone who was offended by my comments in my previous post)

P.S i spotted at ofp info that the woodland HMMWV's have been released and operation code blue's AAV7 looks unbelievably good
Congratulations to those addon makers

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #25 on: 23 Jun 2003, 04:30:19 »
@ deadog -

Personally, I would like to see any politically oriented material (like signatures) be changed.  Not by mandate but by choice.  Just my opinion.

dont look @ me like dat (yes i know u meen me :P ;D ;)) i worked hard 2 earn dis space  :P  ;D - u cant tell me dat makin a user acount + uploadin a pic +copin da URL is less dan 5 mins job ;D :P

@ Pinky

nah no worries ;D u just wrote it wrong - here is da fixed qoute ;D :P ::)

"lets think about the american vehicles we can destroy 2 ensure peace 2day and a promising future for the children of 2morow"

:P

oops went into politics  :-X  >:(  ;D  ;)

m sry god  :o (nd deadog n rancor also ;) ;D)

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2003, 04:31:15 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
« Reply #26 on: 23 Jun 2003, 04:37:01 »
Hi Again

I have to agree with LCD on the view of politics

I mean look at OFP
its the biggest political statement ever

The game sees 2 of the worlds largest superpowers going head to head in combat during the most intensive political period in history

The cold war was a war of politics

i mean look into the missions depot and you see missions like "kill the ruskies" and all kinds of anti russian garbo and in a way itsa all politicaly fueled

politics is everywhere and it gets in to everything

i didnt want it to in this post and i know i started it but its just a testament to how politics(as well as money) makes the world go round

Thanx

Offline LCD

• Former Staff
    • Everon Cartel
« Reply #27 on: 23 Jun 2003, 04:44:07 »
:wow:

very deep  :o  ;D

u need 2 remember dat we owe OFP 2 politics ;D

also remember dat war is politics - n soldiers r da diplomats  ;D  :o (oops lots of politicians gonna chase me now ::) ;D)

mean look into the missions depot and you see missions like "kill the ruskies" and all kinds of anti russian garbo and in a way itsa all politicaly fueled

rofl ;D i counter dat - u can c burning dawn just got 8 in da ME (not middle east ;D ;)) - nam area were u play VC  :o :wow:  8)

LCD OUT
« Last Edit: 23 Jun 2003, 04:45:25 by LCD »
"guess being the community has downsides .." - cheetah
Help Perfecting Da Next Best Thing - O-Team Beta

Offline Tim Pink

• ECP Team &
  • Former Staff
« Reply #28 on: 23 Jun 2003, 04:52:33 »
Hi

well LCD you make me laugh with your shcenanigans.

even thought this debate is very interesting and i should probably open a new thread somewhere called "Politics in OFP" weve gotten a bit off topic so im now asking for all those talented Addon makers who have made American vehicles or are planning to to contribute to this thread.

oh what the Hell

lets make a list of the ofp communities 20 most wanted addons so that it can be a guideline for the Addon makers of the future.
It might also be a chance for the new addons makers to establish a name for themselves by doing addons that no one esle has done

Thanx

plantationace

« Reply #29 on: 23 Jun 2003, 05:19:24 »
If someone could point me in the direction of whoever is makiing the M-56 Sheridan tank, I would greatly appreciate it!  Please?