Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Mortar problem  (Read 462 times)

Offline Wildebeest

• Contributing Member
  • The time the wildebeest ruled the Earth.
Mortar problem
« on: 09 Jun 2003, 13:45:03 »
Hi!

I'm having trouble getting the 88mm mortars to fire at areas regardless of enemy visibility. I know that the most common solution would be to place a machinegun just below ground and so on, but it won't work when I try it.

Couldn't you use a script that says something like: "
MortarName fire ["WeaponName", "FireMode", "WeaponAmmo"]?

I don't know if this work since I only know of one fire mode, "FULLAUTO". Also I'm not sure about the name of the weapon nor ammo, though I think it's something like "88mmmortar" and "shell173".

Any help would be very much appreciated, thx :)
Weeee...

Offline Captain Crunch

• Members
Re:Mortar problem
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2003, 14:01:04 »
Hi Wildebeest!

I'll try the best with what I know to help!

First thing You need is the unofficial command referance which reveals most of what You're lookin' for. Like it will tell You tha it's not Shell173 but  Shell73, Shell105, Shell120 and Shell125. All ammo and weapon list is in there or at least most of them. Get it at the Editors Depot.  ;)

You will actually also find in there the anwer to Your question since I unfortunately can't help You further. Surely will someone else!  :D

What do You mean by
I'm having trouble getting the 88mm mortars to fire at areas regardless of enemy visibility.

?

You want a unit to fire the Mortar even if his target is not in his sight?
Back to the forest!

Offline Wildebeest

• Contributing Member
  • The time the wildebeest ruled the Earth.
Re:Mortar problem
« Reply #2 on: 09 Jun 2003, 16:01:22 »
Not in sight yeah, sorry :)

Also, I should have mentioned that the 81mm mortar (not the 88 whops lol) comes with the Invasion 1944 demo. Stupid me, sorry :)
Well, I guess I'll have to keep looking in the com ref, thx.
Weeee...