Home   Help Search Login Register  

Author Topic: Recruitment  (Read 1524 times)

max_killer_payne

Recruitment
« on: 08 Jun 2003, 12:18:17 »
I've been wanting to try and recruit ppl 4 my mods for along time and when the recruitment depot opened I was over joyed  ;D . But the thing is few ppl visit there, most ppl will go straight to the missions depot or the forum. I think the recruitment depot shud be shut down and there shud be an added section in the forum for recruiting because more ppl will notice it and reply there.

Thanks

Offline Noon416

• Old Bugger
  • Former Staff
Re:Recruitment
« Reply #1 on: 09 Jun 2003, 02:40:52 »
What say we give it a chance first, before shutting it down only 2 weeks after its official announcing to the community. ;)

Its only been actually advertised since the start of this month (June), after which the submissions have increased in as the community becomes aware of the depot.

If after a period we review the depot and find the submissions are simply sitting idle, as you've stated, then we can reconsider the Depots future but it needs a chance to work.

==========================

As for the Forum Recruiting option, it has been suggested and considered many many times, and its always been rejected for various valid reasons.
So that option won't be addressed, simply because that ground has been well-trodden. :)

==========================

Another consideration might simply be the type of mod that is being advertised. Obviously some will draw more responses than others...

Have you had any success with advertising elsewhere?
"If a man talks in the woods and no woman hears him, is he still wrong?"

max_killer_payne

« Reply #2 on: 11 Jun 2003, 17:50:55 »
I've tried to recruit elsewhere but 4 some reason I get no response, ppl just spend time saying how much of a good idea it is and neva actually say, yeh ill help

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #3 on: 11 Jun 2003, 18:00:44 »
Now you're talking about the human nature  :D
Not all is lost.

RED

« Reply #4 on: 11 Jun 2003, 18:17:23 »
A while ago I had the idea of making a sort of Recruitment depot in reverse, where people advertise their skills and mod leaders can recruit them. There would probably be problems with one mod trying to recruit everyone though.

RED

Offline Artak

• The old beanbag shaker
  • Former Staff
  • You want to talk about it, yes?
    • OFP Team Finlanders
« Reply #5 on: 11 Jun 2003, 22:30:33 »
Well Red, the job seeker could always choose between the mods which have shown interest towards him.
I think that's an excellent idea and I hope to see it done in some form, because there surely would be a demand for it.
Not all is lost.

Rodd

« Reply #6 on: 11 Jun 2003, 23:24:09 »
What Artak said: Good idea!
Do not (necessarily) distinguish rigidly between 'leaders' and 'recruits', much good can come from "wow - are you doing that, I am doing this" kind of cooperation. Anyway I enjoy simply browsing to see what kind of projects are underway  ;D .
I've tried to recruit elsewhere but 4 some reason I get no response, ppl just spend time saying how much of a good idea it is and neva actually say, yeh ill help
(Ooops, that must be people like me max_killer_pain is referring to, good thing I haven't complimented his work ;))  :D